So I was bored today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KX4KDH

Database Admin
And I sat in the area of Kill Devil Hills known as "French Fry Alley", housing all of the fast food places in the Town. The only thing I found was Taco Bell on 35.0200, and Burger King on 30.8400. I got skunked by Wendy's, and McDonald's. (Meaning I could find nothing). I sat in each place's parking lot, and gave it a try... This was with my BC350A, and Tram glass mount antenna. Once my BCT15X gets here, I can probably find more.

It is amazing some of the things you will hear from customers at a drive thru....

Drafin

And I sat in the area of Kill Devil Hills known as "French Fry Alley", housing all of the fast food places in the Town. The only thing I found was Taco Bell on 35.0200, and Burger King on 30.8400. I got skunked by Wendy's, and McDonald's. (Meaning I could find nothing). I sat in each place's parking lot, and gave it a try... This was with my BC350A, and Tram glass mount antenna. Once my BCT15X gets here, I can probably find more.

It is amazing some of the things you will hear from customers at a drive thru....

Not sure if it will help you out or not but in the western part of the state over here where I live the local Wendy's restaurants are up in the 457.000 range. McDonald's on the other hand was in the 900's (902.XXX and 926.XXX if memory serves). You may also want to try the 154 business stuff as well.

Admittedly though these is old info as I have not scanned fast foods in a while.

Draf

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
great thread, I monitor these type frequencies both here in Raleigh and on the Outer Banks...

KX4KDH

Database Admin
Not sure if it will help you out or not but in the western part of the state over here where I live the local Wendy's restaurants are up in the 457.000 range. McDonald's on the other hand was in the 900's (902.XXX and 926.XXX if memory serves). You may also want to try the 154 business stuff as well.

Admittedly though these is old info as I have not scanned fast foods in a while.

Draf

Yeah, with my new scanner I found McD's in the 900's.

mike_gain

We have alot around 463-469 mhz. Sometimes it's more interesting when business is slow. Thats when the staff (high school kids) chit chat. Look near or above the drive-thru window for a white (sometimes) box with antennas. The length of the whips determine the freqs. In the old days I would stand waiting for my food with an optoelectronics M1 frequency counter wrapped in a news paper or magazine awaiting the catch.

KX4KDH

Database Admin
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.186 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Mike Gain... Good one! As I said, when I got the 15X, I found everyone else. Yeah, I know the white boxes you are referring to. Fun times!

SCPD

QRT
OBX freqs

OBXJeepGuy how is the reception from the dare bomb range,( if you do listen to milcoms)? oceana , langely?? tnx Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.