TRS Tower Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Marshall & other NC Forum members,

What would you guys think about having a sub forum for tower site photos & such. I know we have a forums for shack pics, but just to have a sub forum within the NC forum for site photos from around the state? For example, I've got pics of the Salisbury/Rowan TRS & VHF towers, and also of the Faith Mtn VIPER site.

Just shooting out an idea.............

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Marshall & other NC Forum members,

What would you guys think about having a sub forum for tower site photos & such. I know we have a forums for shack pics, but just to have a sub forum within the NC forum for site photos from around the state? For example, I've got pics of the Salisbury/Rowan TRS & VHF towers, and also of the Faith Mtn VIPER site.

Just shooting out an idea.............

Daniel,
While I understand the desire to do this there are a couple of reasons why we can't do this:
1) Lindsay Is the only person that can create sub forums and since no other state has what you are asking for he is probably not going to create a tower site subforum for only the NC forum. Especially since there is already an Antenna forum here at RR.com
2) We in the monitoring hobby know that basic tower site info is easy to come by via the FCC database. However We must remember that there are those criminals out there that routinely will go to a tower site and steal materials (copper and other valuable materials) along with causing damage to said site. It is one thing if they find that info out via FCC Database, it is another if we here at RR.com point them in the right direction via pictures of tower sites.
3) Even if nothing happens today or tomorrow at a specific tower site that has its pictures posted here at RR.com, there are those in Public Safety that would react negatively to pics posted of "their" radio system sites. Because of concerns addressed in my #2 point above the folks in charge of radio sites are VERY protective of their sites & rightfully so. These sites are high dollar taxpayer investments and if we start giving the criminal element help by pointing these places out, then there is a chance RR.com would have to deal with some unhappy people.
I know your intentions are good and noble and I appreciate you trying to come up with new parts of the hobby to enjoy, however posting pics of and identifying specific tower sites is not a good idea at this time.
You are a valued member here at RR.com and I appreciate all that you bring to the NC Radio Monitoring Hobby.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

KX4KDH

Database Admin
I started to get upset when you said "Don't post any pictures of VIPER sites" until I read #3... It actually does make sense...

However, I can see posting pictures of towers if the lower portion, or any visual landmarks that may give away a location are excluded. Just an opinion.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Marshall you are right on, and I actually thought about that after I made the post. Sometimes the mind doesn't work that fast, LOL.

There is never in harm in asking and I always appreciate
people bouncing ideas off of me and the rest of the community
here at RR.com :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

jerry092975

480 × 640 - 800MHZ Antenna Tower
images

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.