Greensboro Mystery Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I've been working on logging a series of business frequencies in Greensboro, and I have come across several mystery frequencies that I have been unable to locate in FCC Database, or the database was not helpful.

463.350 R 114.8 - Law Enforcement or Security traffic, several references made to the Landmark Inn and several other locations in Greensboro. This is licensed to West Antenna Corporation on a tower in Sophia in Randolph County. EDIT: I am thinking that either Gate City Security has radios now, or this could be Triton Police if they are back in business?

462.525 R DPL 054 - Some kind of business repeater, lots of traffic about trails and ATV's.

I'm looking for the frequencies for the following:

High Point University Security
Bennett College Security
Greensboro College Security

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ten42

Hey Jake, I can help with the 462.525 DPL 054, thats Primland up in Patrick County, Virginia. Its a large private hunting reserve with rental cabins and such. They have two repeaters, the other is 464 something. The freq you heard is their channel 1 and 2, 1 repeater, 2 talk-around. Did you get the email I sent with the Danville frequencies a few months ago?

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Hpu

HPU Security has been on 464.925 with a PL of 162.2, however they were recently granted a FCC License for 463.875. I have been listening for about a week and I'm hearing what appears to be either MOTOTRBO or NXDN digital on it. This jives with what one of their employees told me about a month ago when he mentioned they would be switching to a "digital" system. I've not listened enough to confirm if 464.925 is silent now or not. HPU Campus Shuttles have been on 461.250 with a DCS of 331.

I concur about Primland in Patrick Co, pretty strong signal in the Winston-Salem/High Point areas also.

I have not found anything for Bennett or Greensboro College in the FCC database. UNC-G Parking appears to be on 463.700 with a PL of 167.9. There appears to be several users on 463.350 with different PL tones. I thought I caught a reference to "Kinder" one night on it. Is there a Kinder Security in Greensboro? One thing I've wondered about is Security at Friendly Center. I've not found anything for them either.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Friendly Center supposedly is dispatched on Nextel according to a security guard there that I spoke with.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Those talkgroups are for security operations at the Courthouses and county buildings, they are not related to Greensboro College or High Point University.

I was able to narrow 463.350 114.8 down to most likely being Kimber Security.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
No problem at all, any information is helpful, I just happened to know those talkgroups for a fact :)

Bullfrog7

I live in Asheboro and I think 463.350 here is a tow truck company that repos."if she dont have the money in a 1/2 hour go pick it up" dont know if that helps or not.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I live in Asheboro and I think 463.350 here is a tow truck company that repos."if she dont have the money in a 1/2 hour go pick it up" dont know if that helps or not.

I have heard similar traffic on that frequency with a tone of 186.2.. not sure what company it is. I rarely carry around a UHF portable so I have not been able to confirm what company it is.

That seems to be a community repeater with multiple users and tones.

Bullfrog7

I'm back with more info.I've been checking out 463.350 and I'm 99% sure rent a center in High Point is using that freq.even thou it's not in the fcc data base."collections,picking up a stereo, and 2 stores" plus alot more info.Who knows..I contacted FCC for help....should have a answer after ....the next election

Status
Not open for further replies.