Martin County NC New Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldheadg

Martin County Sheriff, Williamston, and Robersonville Police have all vanished off of 155.0100 MHz. Does anyone know how to listen to them now? Thanks for any help.

SCPD

QRT
I would say that they have moved to VIPER has they have new talkgroups there

Last edited:

yardbird

Martin Co. Viper Talkgroups have been released.

It is strange that they didn't cross patch Vhf & 800 Mhz channels together.

I know Union Co. is cross-patching everything across both 800 Digital & Uhf. Which is great.

David

baldheadg

Radio Shack Pro-163

Can a Radio Shack Pro-163 listen to the VIPER system. I hear the control channel listed for Martin County VIPER but it makes a garbled noice all the time.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Can a Radio Shack Pro-163 listen to the VIPER system. I hear the control channel listed for Martin County VIPER but it makes a garbled noice all the time.

Unfortunately not. The Pro-163 is an analog only scanner and Martin Counties' talkgroups are in a digital voice format. You will need to consider acquiring a digital voice capable scanner such as one of the ones listed here in the RR.com Wiki:
Category:Digital Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

Marshall KE4ZNR

richardbritt

Database Admin
Williamston PD are indeed on VIPER, Loud and clear in Edenton. Better than they were on the VHF Hi band from here. I dont know any of their unit numbers so can't tell if the Sheriff moved, but they are not on the old VHF freq. I did look up a few locations of some of the calls being dispatched and they were in Williamston (TG 06880 if I remember right)

Richard W4MCD in Edenton

baldheadg

Thanks for the Information

Richard,

It is nice to know there is a radio professional close by, I live in Martin County. You are correct. The Williamston PD, Robersonville PD, and Martin County Sherriffs Departments have all moved to VIPER. The EMS/Fire is still on VHF for now.

The RR Database needs to be updated for Martin County I guess but I wouldn't know how to do it correctly with the Talk Groups, etc.

Thanks so much to everyone for the information provided.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have updated the Martin County database listing with a link to the VIPER database listing and removed the no longer used frequencies.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Richard,

It is nice to know there is a radio professional close by, I live in Martin County. You are correct. The Williamston PD, Robersonville PD, and Martin County Sherriffs Departments have all moved to VIPER. The EMS/Fire is still on VHF for now.

The RR Database needs to be updated for Martin County I guess but I wouldn't know how to do it correctly with the Talk Groups, etc.

Thanks so much to everyone for the information provided.

Last edited:

richardbritt

Database Admin
Richard,

Would you happen to know the uni numbers of each of the varous police depts (and Sheriff) in Martin County?

Thank you,

Richard in Edenton

Status
Not open for further replies.