Hurricane Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Well it's kinda radio related, but not at the same time.............

Should be some interesting monitoring this weekend. Just remember the biggest thing is to stay safe. Guess I've got a little reprogramming to do, lol :p

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
If it takes the nc/sc path we will get some good wind and rain damage here in cumberland co

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; BREW 3.1.5; en )/800x480 Samsung SCH-U960)

I've got a bunch of cousins in Florida, and one of the potential tracks takes it right up the penisula from the Miami area to the Georgia line. I've also got cousins in the Savanah area in Georgia. So I'm keeping a daily eye on Irene as well even though I live in the Phoenix area.

basstuba

Premium Subscriber
If this happens it will be a good test for viper on a large scale. Lets all be on the lookout for unknown talk groups that will be come active and post for all to see.

CFP387

While it's still too soon to tell, the latest forecast track from the National Hurricane Center shows Irene's route going farther east sparing those of us who live in the Piedmont who remember Hugo quite well.
083214W5_NL_sm.gif

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
any plans to a patch via ISSI to other systems? i know when this short of thing happens in the gulf coast MSWIN AWIN TXWARN LWIN and FL's TRS are all patched togeter

NCFire11

If it follows the track that Elizabeth Gardner is telling us, which heads straight for Wake County, NC could be in for some trouble.

However when is Elizabeth Gardner right? :p

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
If it follows the track that Elizabeth Gardner is telling us, which heads straight for Wake County, NC could be in for some trouble.

However when is Elizabeth Gardner right? :p

She is usually pretty accurate....Nate Johnson (a close friend) is one of the most intelligent WX Geeks WRAL has on staff....
Nonetheless keep VIPER in a TGID search mode as you just never know what you might hear....
Marshall KE4ZNR

ts548

I've got a 24 hour pack, and I'm working on my 3-day pack to be ready if were deployed. Radio's are charged and ready. If it continues to follow the path by the time it hits NC/SC they predict it'll be a Cat 4.

GB1952

Premium Subscriber
the latest on the weather was it turned east and now a little back west,you never know with these big storms.

KM4WLV

It's looking at this point like it's gonna skirt across the OBX. We really, REALLY need the rain here in Rowan County as I'm sure it's needed in other spots too. My grass is dying a slow death here, lol.

Our own OBXJeepGuy (Scott) among others live out that way so lets keep him & everyone else in our prayers as they prepare for this weekend !!!

oft

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to get my new BCD396XT programmed with no luck in time to monitor the storm since I am in Wilmington. especially emergency management and law enforcement in New Hanover and Pender Counties. I've got a thread started in the newbie forum hoping to get some help

CFP387

We really, REALLY need the rain here in Rowan County...

Amen to that!

The only good thing about the storm staying out to the east is the fact that we won't get any severe weather. I'd rather have a good, slow soaking rain than a ground pounder that will just run off.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to get my new BCD396XT programmed with no luck in time to monitor the storm since I am in Wilmington. especially emergency management and law enforcement in New Hanover and Pender Counties. I've got a thread started in the newbie forum hoping to get some help

Once I get home this afternoon I will put together a Hurricane related Freescan file with appropriate VIPER TGs along with Tower sites for the Coast.
Marshall KE4ZNR

NCFire11

She is usually pretty accurate....Nate Johnson (a close friend) is one of the most intelligent WX Geeks WRAL has on staff....
Nonetheless keep VIPER in a TGID search mode as you just never know what you might hear....
Marshall KE4ZNR

I enjoy when Nate Johnson gets on there, same with Gardner and Mike Moss, don't care for Fishel, however. But to each his own.

And yes Scott you need to get on out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.