Currituck

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know when Currituck,Pasquotank and Perquiman are going digital?

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Currituck is going non trunked 800, Pasquotank/Camden has some services on VIPER no word on Perquimans

pboy

Looks like Currituck County is working up a new 800MHz system.

An FCC application was filed this week.

5 sites, each with the same two frequency pairs.

Emission types on the application:
8K10F1D P25 Phase I C4FM Data
8K10F1E P25 Phase I C4FM Voice
7K60FXD Motorola MOTOTRBO Data
7K60FXE Motorola MOTOTRBO Data
20K0F1D 19.2 kbps RD-LAP
20K0F3E 5 kHz deviation "Wideband" analog voice

Application - 0005268701 - CURRITUCK, COUNTY OF

Outlined in a very recent board of commissioners meeting, http://co.currituck.nc.us/pdf/board-of-commissioners-minutes-current/boc-agenda-packet-12jun18.pdf,
is the specification it is to be "P-25 radio compliant and compatible with the state’s VIPER system".

Anybody know what they are doing?

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
From what i know, a p25 non trunked system, similar to their VHF system, they are trying to eliminate the interference issues

pboy

Emission types on the application:
8K10F1D P25 Phase I C4FM Data
8K10F1E P25 Phase I C4FM Voice
7K60FXD Motorola MOTOTRBO Data
7K60FXE Motorola MOTOTRBO Data
20K0F1D 19.2 kbps RD-LAP
20K0F3E 5 kHz deviation "Wideband" analog voice

7K60FXE Motorola MOTOTRBO Data is listed wrong. Should be 7K60FXE Motorola MOTOTRBO Data & Voice.

Last edited:

trumpetman

Database Admin
Looks like a blanket authorization. Saves on admin later down the line in case they decide to use some channels for TRBO (like public works) and P25 (like public safety). This is just a possible scenario, not saying they're going to split up the services...I notice most shops doing this now days now that digital formats are so prevalent.

KX4KDH

Database Admin
That's funny:

RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE PURCHASE OF 800 Mhz RADIO COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM FROM GATELY COMMUNICATIONS THROUGH SOLE SOURCE PURCHASE
WHEREAS, the County of Currituck desires to purchase material, equipment, supplies and services for the establishment of a 800 Mhz radio communications system;
and
WHEREAS, the purchase of material, equipment, supplies and services necessary
to establish a 800 Mhz radio communications system is critical for emergency communications, response and public safety and welfare; and
WHEREAS, N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-129(e)(6) authorizes a unit of local government to purchase from a sole source “when a needed product is available from only one source of supply”, and
WHEREAS, in order that the county’s 800 Mhz radio system is compatible with the State of North Carolina’s VIPER radio system it is necessary to obtain P-25 radio compliant equipment which is currently only manufactured by Motorola; and
WHEREAS, Gately Communications is the only Motorola representative capable of providing the county with material, equipment and supplies to establish a 800 Mhz radio communications system that is P-25 radio compliant and compatible with the state’s VIPER system.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Commissioners for Currituck County, North Carolina as follows:
Section 1. The County of Currituck is authorized to enter into a contract in the amount of $963,150.00 with Gately Communications for the sole source purchase of material, equipment, supplies and services necessary to establish a 800 Mhz radio communications system and in accordance with the sole source provision requirements set forth by N.C. Gen. Stat. §143-129(e)(6). Further, the county manager is authorized to execute the agreement with Gately Communications.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I have heard so much about this system. I heard it will be trunked then I heard non trunk. They still have no told us when they are switching.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
From what I am hearing we are switching after jan 1st but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.