progress/duke energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

Last edited:

kicktd

Concerning Duke Energy I'm having a tough time IDing the type of system they use here in Cleveland County, site says it's MOT 800 IIi but the new license data doesn't match what's on the site here, and the new frequency isn't a MOT 800 control channel. Here's a recording of the control channel for the new frequency (ULS License - Business/Industrial/Land Trans, 809-824/854-869 MHz, Trunked License - WNPW331 - Duke Energy Carolinas, LLC - Frequencies Summary) if anyone can help me ID it. Thought I'd post in this thread instead of making another one about the same company.

Unknown control channel by kicktd20 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

trumpetman

Database Admin
Duke Energy is full on OpenSky now days. No way to monitor it with a scanner. I need to make note to depreicate all the Motorola systems in the database now.

If anyone is willing to contribute to the other power co-ops, the NC utilities could use an overhaul. I know a few small EMCs that have switched to TRBO, just not able to confirm what sites are active and what have been shut down.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Trumpet, I left the existing Duke Energy systems in SC in the database, but changed the system type to Opensky. There really isn't a way yet to ID specific frequencies, sites, system ID, etc, for OpenSky, so I left the original data in place so that folks would at least know the systems existed and were a format that is unmonitorable.

With Progress and Duke merging, you have to figure that the Progress Energy 900MHz Smartzone systems will be converted to Opensky at some point in the future.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Brian, that's what I meant to say, just didn't come out like I meant haha. I do like how you did that for SC.

If you can post the site ID for Henderson and the control channel for site 15, that would help me do some further investigating. I don't think that's the proper license because PE wouldn't be operating under a Duke License.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Lemme do some more research here in the Triangle as well before
we remove PE 900Mhz system sites as
I do believe the Progress Energy (I refuse to call them Dook :wink:)
900Mhz Trunked site is still up and running.
Marshall KE4ZNR

reconrider8

yea they are still up and running 938.475 thats the cc for site 15 and thats the license for Henderson http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/licenseLocSum.jsp?licKey=2594246but as for the pe under that license im not real sure because i know pe had taht area but i was picking up someone on that frequency that was working on the lines in and around Warrenton so im not sure if duke has pe has changed over to duke or not yet... as for my submission and what not i just submitted it as pe because of the site ids being 882B

Last edited:

trumpetman

Database Admin
Some of the sites are unlicensed, I've found 2 on the SE part of the state. What is the alias displayed on your PRO106 for the sites, that's usually a huge give away.

reconrider8

for which site?cause on Littleton it was Lilton and Henderson was something like Henderson and same with Tarboro i also picked up rocky mount tower this morning also. so to me i still say the system is up and running and also all of the sids were 882b which used to be pe but idk lol

Last edited:

trumpetman

Database Admin
Yes, the system is still up and running, that's not a question at this point. I was asking for both sites. So tell me if this looks right so far:

882B-011 "??????" Henderson 938.4250
882B-015 "LILTON" Littleton 938.4750
882B-030 "??????" Tarboro 939.6875

If you can get the two alias' from site 11 and 30 then I'll make sure they get in the database. That seems to match with some of the unconfirmed data I've logged when I was out that way last summer.

reconrider8

ill get the other 2 in the am when im up in Littleton at the gas station as far as the aliases if its not raining if it is ill get them monday or maybe tonight idk yet but i will get them to you

reconrider8

just an update to this ive started to monitor them again a little bit of what i can so the 900MHz system is still up and kicking havnt heard any voice but i did see a few of the rids join a couple tgids.

Status
Not open for further replies.