RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum

North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of North Carolina.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 1:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The control just changed again everyone. The frequency is 152.750. I will submit it now to the database.
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2012, 2:40 PM
KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmcdowell View Post
The control just changed again everyone. The frequency is 152.750. I will submit it now to the database.
Got it updated.
Marshall KE4ZNR

@KE4ZNR on Twitter
http://instagram.com/KE4ZNR
Old 10-30-2012, 4:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Another control channel change happened today. The current control channel is 152.540. I have submitted the information to the database.
Old 10-30-2012, 4:46 PM

Thanks!!
Old 10-30-2012, 4:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Does anyone have any idea why this system has had so many control channel changes this past year?
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2012, 10:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was thru there again on Monday, once well before dawn and again in the evening, and heard absolutely nothing. I've confirmed that I have all the reported CCs programmed and the system TGs as downloaded from this site. Not sure what the issue is. Ran Pro96 a few weeks ago and passed to KE4ZNR. Most of that is Greek to me anyways....

Jon
Old 11-14-2012, 10:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

They were using the last control channel I submitted a few posts above on Monday. I have had no problem hearing this system. I'm not sure why you ran into that problem. I'm make sure you have 152.540 as one of the control channels. I have a total of 13 control channels programmed in my scanner.

Last edited by rjmcdowell; 11-14-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Old 11-14-2012, 1:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That's what your problem is. I just checked the database and the control channel I submitted isn't listed. You will not hear this system if you go by the current database information. You need to add that frequency manually if you're downloading from the database. I'm not sure why it wasn't updated.
Old 11-14-2012, 5:07 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
They were using the last control channel I submitted a few posts above on Monday. I have had no problem hearing this system. I'm not sure why you ran into that problem. I'm make sure you have 152.540 as one of the control channels. I have a total of 13 control channels programmed in my scanner.
Just took care of it, it s added to the Database.
Sponsored links
Old 11-14-2012, 5:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Great now everyone can listen. This is surely an interesting system to follow. I've learned a lot.
Old 01-11-2013, 1:07 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

The current control channel for this system is frequency 152.09000. Also frequency 155.67000 is listed in the database as a voice channel however it is also utilized as a control channel. I've submitted this so that the database can be updated. There are a total of 15 channels I've heard used as control channels. The database reflects 13.
Old 01-23-2013, 2:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
The current control channel for this system is frequency 152.09000. Also frequency 155.67000 is listed in the database as a voice channel however it is also utilized as a control channel. I've submitted this so that the database can be updated. There are a total of 15 channels I've heard used as control channels. The database reflects 13.
I feel like I'm on a merry go round trying to keep Wayne County programmed in my scanner.
Old 01-23-2013, 3:10 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaolson101 View Post
I feel like I'm on a merry go round trying to keep Wayne County programmed in my scanner.
Indeed! Of all the systems I monitor this system seems to be the most interesting for me due to the constant change of control channels. I will keep everyone updated as changes are made. I've had people tell me they never hear Wayne County the way their scanners are programmed and I always tell them it's due to the constant change of control channels and that it's best to have all the control channels programmed in their scanner. It's also a good idea to tune or search their VHF band whenever transmissions aren't received after 30 minutes or so. That's how I keep up with the changes.
Old 01-28-2013, 4:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Current Control Channel is frequency 151.1975. I will submit to the database. Yes it changed again!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 7:52 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Control Channels

If I am not mistaken (and I very may well be), every frequency in a Harris P25 system can be used as a control channel unlike a Motorola system that just uses 4 of the frequencies. I believe there was some discussion of this in the Pennsylvania forum concerning the York Co. system when it came on line a couple of years ago.
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2013, 8:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG4KHQ View Post
If I am not mistaken (and I very may well be), every frequency in a Harris P25 system can be used as a control channel unlike a Motorola system that just uses 4 of the frequencies. I believe there was some discussion of this in the Pennsylvania forum concerning the York Co. system when it came on line a couple of years ago.
If that's the case I am going to program all their VHF frequencies as control channels. It seems to me you are correct.