National Interop Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

Living right along I95 and such would it be logical to program in the national interop channels into my radio. I know i read somewhere a few months back that it would be a good thing to program them in but if logical which ones would i use to program and which are more likely used here in NC?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Living right along I95 and such would it be logical to program in the national interop channels into my radio. I know i read somewhere a few months back that it would be a good thing to program them in but if logical which ones would i use to program and which are more likely used here in NC?

It couldn't hurt :D

And I can definitively say that the 8CALL/8TAC frequencies are used
a good bit here in the Triangle.....

Iibrh.jpg

Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
Do a search for NIFOG (National Interoperability Field Operations Guide) You will find a LOT of information of the subject. You should also find what Fx's would be used in your area, when/if activated for an incident. Remember, these fx's would only be used for a federally declared incident; they are not (supposed to be) used otherwise.

reconrider8

im just wondering what all would/count be used around my area and such not sure if tac8 would be used this far from the triangle or would it?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
im just wondering what all would/count be used around my area and such not sure if tac8 would be used this far from the triangle or would it?

Considering that every VIPER radio is programmed with the 8Call90/8TAC9x frequencies
for statewide interoperability I am sure there are quite a few radios around your area
that have those frequencies :cool::D

Marshall KE4ZNR

reconrider8

so you say plug all of them in for the state what about federal level tho for use on I95 when transporting cargo or something

trumpetman

Database Admin

reconrider8

i read that stuff i get more confused. which frequency would you enter the mobile Rx of mobile Tx? and would anyone happen to have a file of these?

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
i read that stuff i get more confused. which frequency would you enter the mobile Rx of mobile Tx? and would anyone happen to have a file of these?

Yes it is confusing! And that is when you sit down and try to figure it out to program into a scanner. Imagine how it's going to go once someone has to actually use them in a real incident. I am sure that there are plenty of places that don't have any of these programmed into their radios (throughout the country).

At least the channels have names, so you can line them up with the fx's.

Let's just hope we NEVER have to use these channels.....

reconrider8

true that lol i cant seem to figure out what you guys were saying as to look here and it will tell you what would be in use the only map they got up is of the west coast lol i want something saying (point-point) but i guess it doesnt get that easy. I recon ill just go and program em all in and say screw it lol just leave them in a separate bank

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
We have these in our radios (along with all the 8tac's)

Attachments

• 7ncdir.JPG
    7ncdir.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 397

reconrider8

so program the taxc8 and the 7nc freqs what else like i stated before i read threw it but it didnt really give me the answer that i was looking for

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; C771 Build/C771M130) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yeah I probably could have been a bit more specific on what 'my radio' is haha. Those frequencies came from my apx6000 VIPER radio.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
so program the taxc8 and the 7nc freqs what else like i stated before i read threw it but it didnt really give me the answer that i was looking for

I don't know what other answer we can give you.
Frequencies like the ones listed above can be used anywhere at
anytime. They are not really "assigned" specific areas. And since they
have simplex (direct) capability a lot of agencies use them for low power
simplex comms unit to unit.
All you can do is program them in and keep them in the scan list.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; C771 Build/C771M130) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yeah I probably could have been a bit more specific on what 'my radio' is haha. Those frequencies came from my apx6000 VIPER radio.

Yep. Some of us have seen the templates :cool:
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.