North Carolina digital systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig15x

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me if the systems in Davidson and Guilford counties are digital or analog? I just ordered a Uniden 15x and I know it is analog. I need to know if I will be sending this back or not.

kg4pbd

Can anyone tell me if the systems in Davidson and Guilford counties are digital or analog? I just ordered a Uniden 15x and I know it is analog. I need to know if I will be sending this back or not.

Based on the database here at RR it appears that Davidson is analog conventional while Guilford's TRS is a mix of analog and digital. Beyond that though the statewide VIPER system is on it's way to becoming all digital. If it were me I'd spend the extra for a digital capable scanner, you won't be disappointed. You can check out the database for each county yourself, and someone local to that area will hopefully chime in with additional comments.

Davidson County:
Davidson County, North Carolina (NC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Guilford County:
Greensboro / Guilford County Trunking System, Greensboro, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

reconrider8

being ones mixed you still COULD possibly use it to track the non digital part but i would go ahead and jump in the deep end and learn to swim

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Not to mention that Guilford will soon be ALL digital so a digital scanner will be a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.