Kings Mountain utilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
I have 3 different scanners going most all the time and I have never heard any of Kings Mountain NC utility Departments, or any neighboring counties for that matter, also would like to monitor Duke energy and Time Warner Cable.
any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

trumpetman

Database Admin
Kings Mountain is on UHF NEXEDGE now days. The fire department had a short stint on their old analog channels a few days ago, but that's a rare occasion. The rest of the city is digital and can't be decoded by a scanner.

Neighboring counties are on 800. Cleveland is on their own 800 MHz P25 system. Gaston is on VHF & UHF for police & fire, Gastonia is on an 800 MHz P25 system. Lincoln is conventional analog on VHF & UHF. York is on an 800 MHz P25 system. It's all in the database excet for Kings Mountain.

Duke Energy is OpenSky now, which is digital and unmonitorable. Time Warner is mainly using cellphones and MDTs in their trucks, nothing on the radio anymore.

scruggsy

Premium Subscriber
Kings Mountain is on UHF NEXEDGE now days. The fire department had a short stint on their old analog channels a few days ago, but that's a rare occasion. The rest of the city is digital and can't be decoded by a scanner.

Neighboring counties are on 800. Cleveland is on their own 800 MHz P25 system. Gaston is on VHF & UHF for police & fire, Gastonia is on an 800 MHz P25 system. Lincoln is conventional analog on VHF & UHF. York is on an 800 MHz P25 system. It's all in the database excet for Kings Mountain.

Duke Energy is OpenSky now, which is digital and unmonitorable. Time Warner is mainly using cellphones and MDTs in their trucks, nothing on the radio anymore.

Thanks,
that is news to me, I knew about the FD and PD, but didn't realize the utilities were on the same system.

Status
Not open for further replies.