Winston Salem Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
The 2013 airshow will be held Saturday 21 September and Sunday 22 September at Smith Reynolds Airport (KINT) in Winston Salem. The pre-show activities begin at 11:30 AM, and flying begins at 12:30 PM both days. According to the National Weather Service, there is a 30% chance of showers both Saturday and Sunday.

The airshow will be using Runway 15/33 which is 6655 feet long. In the past, the static displays have been set up on the south end of Runway 04/22, Taxiway Foxtrot, and the area right behind the terminal building. The parking and shuttle operation was pretty efficient last year.

Aeronautical frequencies of interest:
123.75 MHz Winston Tower
128.25 MHz Winston Ground
124.35 MHz Greensboro Approach

The airshow's website has a multitude of information at Winston-Salem Air Show

Hope to be there on Saturday to watch and monitor the scanner. If anyone is planning to go, send me a PM, or an e-mail to kc4wsd(at)gmail(dot)com. I'll be glad to provide my cell phone number to call or text.

David C.

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
There's an off chance I may be there on Sunday. If I am I will likely be directing or driving one of those efficient shuttles.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Efficient shuttle driver

There's an off chance I may be there on Sunday. If I am I will likely be directing or driving one of those efficient shuttles.

I'll be sure and tip my driver, just in case it's you . . . IF you're efficient.

To stay on topic, and not get my typing fingers rapped, do you know what radios y'all will be using? It seems like I found the shuttle radio traffic last year, but I can't remember if it was on the county's trunked system or not. Thanks.

David C.

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
I'll be sure and tip my driver, just in case it's you . . . IF you're efficient.

To stay on topic, and not get my typing fingers rapped, do you know what radios y'all will be using? It seems like I found the shuttle radio traffic last year, but I can't remember if it was on the county's trunked system or not. Thanks.

David C.

Can a state employee receive tips while performing volunteer work? Ok, back on topic again...

We use the same radio frequencies that we use on our buses everyday on our trunked system. All I know is that we use around 9 channels and I think they use 3 frequencies. I wish I knew what they are. All I know is that I use channel 1 & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.