Brunswick County LTR's

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Are the Brunswick County LTR systems's (VHF Fire and UHF Sheriff) still operational. The last time I was down there in 2011 they were in. I looked on the Brunswick County NC page and no longer see any LTR systems listed. I am planing a trip to Southport over the Christmas break, and want to listen to the local's both Fire an PD. Another question is the VIPER 3600 bd trunking still operational for that area.

I think if you do a searchfor Brunswick county you can find a more descriptive post. But I believe they are on VIPER now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

radioman2001

Thank you, I know there was considerable talk about the system not working well in the Southport area. At least I know the FD wasn't happy, and did the county provide radios for the FD or did they have to buy them? I will let you all know if I hear anything on either system 800 VHF or UHF.

NYRHKY94

Radioman2001:

I would be very interested in hearing about what you find out. I visit that area every year myself and will be moving to St. James next Fall (along with my shack). The last time I was down, I was led to believe that all of them were on the VIPER system, but I could be wrong? If you find out about Oak Island FD/PD as well, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

52to12

Merry Christmas!
All Brunswick Co.Fire,Law and EMS are on on VIPER 3600 DIGITAL.
Initial dispatch for Fire and EMS is on 155.520 vhf. After dispatch response and all other communications are on VIPER.

radioman2001

Resurection

I am bringing up this old post since I am looking for basically the same information as back around Christmas. I am traveling down to ST James/Southport area over the Labor Day weekend. Is Brunswick County all on the P25 9600 system or is there any of the 3600 bd system still operational. According to the database all 3600 bd info points back to the Raleigh area. If they are on the 9600 bd system what are the actual frequencies for that area. I don't have a 9600 bd radio so I would have to program the channels in conventional and scan that way.

A note to NYRHKY94 nice to hear you making it down there. PM where in St James, and maybe we can meet up sometime.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I was down that way on Vacation this past June.

All Law Enforcement has migrated to Viper. The Fire Department and EMS are still paged on 155.520 Mhz. and after dispatch all fire traffic is switched to 154.415 Mhz.

While I was down there I talked to a Sunset-Harbor/Zion-Hill fire office and I asked how they liked being on Viper. He said it was ok, but there were still dead spots in their area.

Maybe with the addition of the 700 Mhz. Viper Site in Southport there will be better coverage for the fire departments but Oak Island & Soutport Police and Brunswick Sheriff as well.

Also if you will look under the Trunking Systems tab for systems in North Carolina there is a link for all depreciated systems that have been decommissioned of taken off-line. The Brunswick Co. LTR VHF & UHF are in that listing.

Hope this helps

David

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Brunswick

The old 3600 baud system is gone except for Wake County, Brunswick talkgroups are on the new 9600 baud P25 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.