WInston-Salem 800MHz Trunked (analog or P25 digital) BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmpsa

Greetings:

I have a Uniden BCD996XT scanner and data entered Winston-Salem's city system. I originally put the settings as "System Type: Motorola" and it was trunk tracking picking up the control channel at all. I just changed the settings to "System Type: P25 Standard" and it's picking up the control channel now full scale, but I hear nothing (it doesn't stop on any talkgroups).

Their FCC license has emission designators as "20K0F3E", which is analog-wideband. I manually toggled it out of trunk tracking and picked up P25 data noice (in analog mode), which is why I toggled the setting to "P25 Standard", figuring it's actually P25 full time.?.

Thanks in advance...

NC4AB

Premium Subscriber
Only question is have you set the frequencies up for rebanding?

If you are using FreeScan software I can send you a data file for the WS/FC system, it is a Motorola Type II / P25 system, there are a few analog talk groups but the vast majority are P25 digital. It was rebanded several years ago.

Last edited:

cmpsa

I put in the freqs from RadioReference's database, which are are the latest rebanded freqs. I did get a chance to talk to a police officer, and he stated they are 99% encrypted full time, which is why I was never hearing anything...

gspivey

I listen to the W/S system every day with a 996xt. I download my systems using the software instead of entering them manually, so I can't help much on that front. But, I can tell you that the system is not 99% encrypted--virtually all of the traffic is not encrypted. The person you asked may have gotten confused on the transmissions being digital, which they are for the most part.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
No no no.... set it to Motorola Type II - Custom Reband, enter in the rebanding trunking tables, and you should be good to go.

Very little of the system is encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.