Remote monitoring in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcrews

I live near Henderson but work in Raeigh. I have been wanting to be able to monitoring what was happening in Henderson from out of town. My understanding of the P25 system is that you can communicate from the coast to the mountains. What would I need to do to be able to monitor local traffic in Henderson from another part of the state.

I know I pick up Wake county, Cary traffic from Henderson so the reverse of this should be possible too right?

alcrews

I just downloaded the site from rr and it works from home pretty good. I like to get a feel for the traffic during bad weather. I load several systems on my path to and from work. Then I noticed that I pick up traffics from these groups at home. I was thinking that if I added the control frequencies to my Henderson site, one that is active at my work location, that from the talk groups it would pickup Henderson.

I have heard some of guys around Henderson talking about listen to Henderson traffic from the coast while they were fishing. I have not see this in person so they maybe pulling my leg.

alcrews

Listening to my Henderson system now I am hearing traffic from the surrounding area. A lot from Granville and the highway patrol.

alcrews

On side note. I see where all of the new talk groups for Vance are listed on rr. Don't discard the old ones. My understanding is that the ones they are using now are temporary.

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
On side note. I see where all of the new talk groups for Vance are listed on rr. Don't discard the old ones. My understanding is that the ones they are using now are temporary.

Where did you find out that they are temporary? I haven't heard that yet!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Where did you find out that they are temporary? I haven't heard that yet!

He has been given bad info. The 4.1 TGIDs are gone forever. There is only the P25 TGIDs
from here on out.
Marshall KE4ZNR

alcrews

I was told that some of there radio could not talk to the towers until after the towers had been updated. They borrow some radios to get them in position of going full p25 and in doing so they had to change talk groups temporarily. Once the towers are updated and the older radios can work again they would switch back to the radios they own and the old talk group would come back active.

As I am program scanners for people I am making sure to include both talk groups to be on the safe side.

Drafin

(snip) they had to change talk groups temporarily. Once the towers are updated and the older radios can work again they would switch back to the radios they own and the old talk group would come back active.

As I am program scanners for people I am making sure to include both talk groups to be on the safe side.

As Marshall has already stated that is just not true. The P25 conversion eliminated all of the old TGIDs. There will be no traffic on them anymore. You can stop programming in the old TGIDs.

I confirmed this with another source outside of rr.com that is "in the know", as well as Marshall and others here confirming. 4.1 is dead. P25 will be all you hear from here on.

Draf

alcrews

I spoke with some one in the know today and they confirmed that Vance had done all they were going to do. First source was mistake or feed some bad info.

Status
Not open for further replies.