North Carolina Repeater List

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5WSG

Hey guys! First post! I'm a HAM radio operator and just moved to NC from Texas. I'm looking to see if anyone has a list of verified/working repeaters separated by regions (West/Tennessee/Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway, Central/Greensboro/Durham/High Point, and Eastern/Raleigh/Outer Banks).

I travel quite a bit on I-40 so something to scan while driving along or visiting would be great!

Thanks guys!

kb4mdz

Absolute best resource and a good cause: join SERA, SouthEastern Repeater Association; sera.org.

You can join as an associate membership and you get the Repeater Journal, 4 times a year. It lists all repeaters in their area; NC, VA, SC, TN, WV, GA, KY, MS. They're listed by both city and frequency. Full membership is for repeater owners.

They have the most complete listings in their Journal (there is no such thing as a perfect repeater listing; unco-ordinated repeaters, lapsed memberships, 'paper' repeaters that exist only on file but haven't been on the air for ???, etc.).

There are other places, like Artsci Publishing, (artscipub.com ) but you still have to verify what's listed.

Welcome to NC!

Oh, around Raleigh, you can look at the repeater listings at rars.org; it lists repeaters from around Greensboro out to Columbia, NC. Done by Gary Pearce, KN4AQ, and it says last updated in 2011.

You can go to repeaterbook.com and look up repeaters by city, or by county. That's what I use, and it allows users to submit updates for current information.

KE5WSG

Oh, around Raleigh, you can look at the repeater listings at rars.org; it lists repeaters from around Greensboro out to Columbia, NC. Done by Gary Pearce, KN4AQ, and it says last updated in 2011.

Thanks for the info! I based my current list off of Gary's, but there are a lot of stations that I can't hit here in Greensboro (and the list is pretty old). I'm probably going to take your advice and join SERA.

kb4mdz

And you're more than welcome to do your own list & publish it. :)

The trouble starts as soon as any repeater goes off the air, or changes location, or goes PL, or, well, you get the idea.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys! First post! I'm a HAM radio operator and just moved to NC from Texas. I'm looking to see if anyone has a list of verified/working repeaters separated by regions (West/Tennessee/Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway, Central/Greensboro/Durham/High Point, and Eastern/Raleigh/Outer Banks).

I travel quite a bit on I-40 so something to scan while driving along or visiting would be great!

Thanks guys!

For Greensboro:

145.150- 67.0 out / 100.0 in W4GSO (Northwest Greensboro)
145.250- 88.5 W4GG (Level Cross)
146.760- 156.7 K4GWH (Northeast Greensboro)
147.255+ 82.5 K4ITL (Level Cross - Skywarn)

444.225+ 146.2 W4GG (Northeast Greensboro)
441.8625+ N4DUB MotoTRBO (Northwest Greensboro)
442.825+ 82.5 K4ITL (Level Cross)

There is a D-STAR Repeater in Northwest Greensboro as well but I couldn't tell you what it is.

traffic27fl

re: Piedmont Coastal Repeater Network

you might also want to look at their other (DMR) network: NC PRN (NC PRN). This net also is part of the worldwide DMR-MARC network (DMR-MARC Network). The 5 channel-selectable system choices for each repeater in the PRN network are: local repeater only, prn systemwide, southeast US systemwide, Northamerica systemwide, worldwide systemwide. The current plans are to cover North and South Carolina to provide statewide mobile coverage through both states.

Status
Not open for further replies.