Wake County: Cary P25 cutover tomorrow Nov 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Attention All:
Cary will switch to it's new P25 system (System ID 596) tomorrow November 3rd at 9am.

I have been advised that some talkgroups on the old legacy analog system (System ID 2E3F) will remain active and will be patched to the new P25 system until sometime early 2015...these talkgroups include the Mutual Aid talkgroups of 11C-15C.

Cary PD will be fully encrypted as has been previously announced.

Known monitorable talkgroups are listed in the RR.com database.

Kudos to the Town of Cary staff and Wireless Communications for their hard work on this new radio system.

Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

Classicwatch

Premium Subscriber
Cary P25 System, tg correction

The new system sounds decent in Cary, probably better for users in the distant parts of NW cary near Durham County. One correction is in order, though. The Cary Fire Department Main Dispatch Channel is tg 46533, not 46553 as listed in the database.

Not an issue with my software controlled radios, but I can't seem to change it on the Homepatrol.

Sad about the PD freq's.

Ed, KE4WXY

legeros

Premium Subscriber
Heigh ho folks. Since the switch, do I need to update my PRO-2096 programming?

I haven't paid close attention mind you, so I am not sure if I'm receiving/not receiving.

mjl

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Hey Mike,
Yep, I would recommend updating your 2096 with the new Cary P25 system. Sure you can temporarily monitor Cary Mutual Aid 11C-15C on the old Cary System but that will go away in a few months...add in the fact you can't monitor the new Cary FD P25 Dispatch and on scene talkgroups on the old system and you are missing out a lot.
Just create a new system and add the data found in the database:
Cary City Services (Project 25) System Trunking System, Cary, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

Heigh ho folks. Since the switch, do I need to update my PRO-2096 programming?

I haven't paid close attention mind you, so I am not sure if I'm receiving/not receiving.

mjl

legeros

Premium Subscriber
Marshall,

What's the magic to getting my PRO-2096 to work? Are there extended tables to be entered?

Entered the main and alt CC, as well as the new talk groups. Not getting anything.

gordonaustin

Legeros, I hope you have gotten it to work by now, but if not, make sure you have it set as a P25 Auto system, The scanner should get the rest of the frequencies from the CC. I have 856.662500 854.612500 as the CCs. It is set to default trunking tables; but I am 90% certain that they are irrelevant with P25 fully auto configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.