Clay County North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bneumann

Premium Subscriber
I live in Warne, NC (Western North Carolina) in Clay county. I know that the Sheriff and the Fire Departments have gone over to digital. I Purchased a new Radio Shack Pro-668 on eBay. I have fiddled and fiddled with this radio and the only thing that I can hear is the NOAA Weather. I am a ham radio operator (N4OGQ) so I hooked up one of my old mobile 2 meter/70cm antennas on my deck. I have downloaded the VIPER Mobile Trailer System and VIPER Statewide P25 from RR .I am using Radio Shack PC Software 2.2 Build 310, CPU Firmware 2.3, DSP Firmware 1.3, Library Database 408, and Location Database 10. The software shows this all to be the latest version. I can't help but think I am leaving out some important step. I even put signal stalker on for the Public Safety Bands but am not hearing anything. Is there anyone out there who lives in Clay County North Carolina who is successfully receiving the Fire, EMS and Sheriff in this location?

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
A couple of things you might want to try here. One is to verify the control channel operation. The data base on this web site shows 8582.9875 and 853.825 as the control channels. It has been known to happen that some voice channels have been substituted at times for a control channel in a system. It happened to us down here where I am. Put your scanner in the conventional or search mode in the 850.00 to 860.00 range and see if you hear the sound the control channels make when transmitting. It's a continuous motorboating type sound. Verify that frequency as your control channel and program that in. The other thing is that dual band antenna will not work that well on 800 MHz. Also program in the control channels for your surrounding counties as well. You in fact may be closer to one of them than the other. Try that and let us know.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Clay county, NC is on NXDN digital. Your scanner will not decode it.

yardbird

I figured that.

It is time for scanner manufactures to produce a scanner that will decode the following systems.

NXDN
Motrobro
Edacs Pro Voice

Just another way to stop the honest man from enjoying a hobby.

Just my thoughts

David

SCPD

QRT
Status
Not open for further replies.