Wayne County P25 in effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

climberkid

KM4FFB
As of 1230 today 14 Apr 2015 Wayne County has begun their transition to P25 Phase 1 FDMA. EMS has switched over and is no longer heard on my BCD396T.

If anyone has specific information about this change please post it to share with the county.

They are still simulcasting on 155.28 for EMS Disp. for the pagers.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTMax

Premium Subscriber
Where do you get your information that they have switched to P2? I have not seen any conversation about this on Radioreference or in the database.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
It's not phase 2 yet. The county has just completed some upgrades to thier system to improve coverage issues. They will not be phase 2 for quite sometime. Fyi, all county Fire departments will be switching over tomorrow morning. I am picking them up just fine using the existing frequencies

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Since Wayne County has NOT gone phase 2 TDMA I have edited the thread
title to better reflect what is going on.
Marshall KE4ZNR

climberkid

KM4FFB
I apologize. I incorrectly spoke. I misunderstood what was briefed. Post edited. Sorry for the miss formation.

If this thread can be deleted that would. Be great.
Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
I heard EMS being dispatched fine this morning. The other night I heard them testing the VFD tones on the system. Wayne County still has major coverage issues. I hear many personnel say that their radios are in CC scan, invalid radio ID, or just don't work. Some days I can hear them just fine and some days it's hard to pick up the system. There was a new tower put up on Hood Swamp Road which didn't seem to help much. I can see it from my house. I still have trouble. I'm using a RadioShack Pro-106.

jdhowardfarm

Old programming not working on my BCD996XT. Lost EMS yesterday, fire today. Can still pick up SO.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Give these frequencies a try for the upgraded system. (Fire & Ems Only)

The old system is still being used for LE until they are switched over. Frequencies are as follows:

Last edited:

jtitus07

Seem to remember getting fire traffic yesterday, but now that I see this thread I have noticed today that all I seem to be getting is LE, and the only EMS traffic I am hearing is patient reports to hospital which now all seem to be on VIPER instead of the old EMS to Hosp freq.

I have all the control channels in that JCFF54 mentioned.

Using a RS PRO-651.

climberkid

KM4FFB
I have never felt so helpless in reference to a radio system before.

I have separated the new frequencies from the old frequencies into two different systems. As of a few minutes ago all I can get on the old system is GPD. The new system locks onto 151.1975 but I am getting no traffic whatsoever.

My settings for both systems are the same, unless I need to change some parameters.

Thanks for all the patience and help on the matter.

jtitus07

I'm with you, I've double and triple checked my settings and control channels and all I get is LE. I even have a wildcard set so if there are any TGs I don't have programmed, I will hear them but yet nothing.

Sadly I don't know anyone here in the emergency services that I can "borrow" a radio from to investigate.

climberkid

KM4FFB
I'm not sure what I can draw from the radios to help figure out what I'm missing. What would you be looking for?

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
I have this system programmed as one system. I set my Radio Shack Pro-106 to check all 20 control channels and I am not having these issues. I also have it set to roam since I'm out and about today. I can hear them better today than the past few days. I also have UniTrunker running. Has anyone been able to identify the talkgroup 65334 on this system? I picked it up while using the wildcard. I know it's LE but I'm not sure who. I heard radio traffic on this talkgroup a few times. It sounded like they were following someone at the time.

jtitus07

I'm not sure what I can draw from the radios to help figure out what I'm missing. What would you be looking for?

Not sure really, just thought I might be able to stumble across some setting or ID or something.

I have this system programmed as one system. I set my Radio Shack Pro-106 to check all 20 control channels and I am not having these issues. I also have it set to roam since I'm out and about today. I can hear them better today than the past few days. I also have UniTrunker running. Has anyone been able to identify the talkgroup 65334 on this system? I picked it up while using the wildcard. I know it's LE but I'm not sure who. I heard radio traffic on this talkgroup a few times. It sounded like they were following someone at the time.

Wierd...mine is just a rebranded pro-106. I have all 20 CTRL channels in, messed around with the multi site mode (off, roam, and stationary) turned priority on and off (have read before about that affecting things) and any other settings I could think of and still nothing.

You don't happen to have a Win500 config file I could compare with do you?

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
Not sure really, just thought I might be able to stumble across some setting or ID or something.

Wierd...mine is just a rebranded pro-106. I have all 20 CTRL channels in, messed around with the multi site mode (off, roam, and stationary) turned priority on and off (have read before about that affecting things) and any other settings I could think of and still nothing.

You don't happen to have a Win500 config file I could compare with do you?

I can email you the file I have. Here is what I've picked up on UniTrunker. I have attached a screenshot.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 361

jtitus07

So after uploading the config that rjmcdowell sent me, I noticed I am hearing WC fire and EMS, but on the conventional frequencies, still nothing on the digital side. Before loading that config, I hooked up to my attic antenna and picked up some noise on WC EMS digital TG, but when using my attic antenna for WC, I get such bad simulcast distortion that I couldn't tell if it was really picking much up. Still no GFD Main or Ops channels. Based on getting something (albeit not much) with my attic antenna, make's me wonder if they did something to the transmitters and that my location is affecting my reception? I sit about halfway between the Goldsboro and Fremont sites (slightly closer to the Goldsboro one).

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
I think something has been done to the transmitters as well. I'm able to hear both the analog frequencies and the digital system. I noticed that in certain places in my house I can't hear the digital system so you may have to move your scanner around to find the best reception. There is a new site location on Hood Swamp Road so that may be the reason I'm hearing them being so close to the tower.

rjmcdowell

Premium Subscriber
So after uploading the config that rjmcdowell sent me, I noticed I am hearing WC fire and EMS, but on the conventional frequencies, still nothing on the digital side. Before loading that config, I hooked up to my attic antenna and picked up some noise on WC EMS digital TG, but when using my attic antenna for WC, I get such bad simulcast distortion that I couldn't tell if it was really picking much up. Still no GFD Main or Ops channels. Based on getting something (albeit not much) with my attic antenna, make's me wonder if they did something to the transmitters and that my location is affecting my reception? I sit about halfway between the Goldsboro and Fremont sites (slightly closer to the Goldsboro one).

GFD was just toned out. Talkgroup 3001 on the bottom right.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 322
Status
Not open for further replies.