Dare County

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Does know the radio id's in Dare County? I didn't know if there was a list of what id's went to what units.

Thanks

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Dare

Thanks but I mean like each portable or mobile radio id's.

robschonk

I imagine that list would be fairly fluid, as they change out radios in units and Deputies pick up different handhelds.

I've used my PSR-800's record feature to isolate some ID's for the local VFD units, and the Charlie units on HI. The others I don't really care about, and wouldn't want to devote the time to keeping it updated.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
The id's referred to by robschonk are neat to compile (I have an extensive list for my county), but aren't really beneficial unless you are watching the scanner display, or you are logging the radio traffic with software. As a quick side note, the system radio id information was used locally to identify users on a "secret tactical channel" where they didn't refer to each other by call signs.

I may be mistaken, but I think rescue674aa may be referring to the radio id assigned to the position.

For example, in Rockingham County, the sheriff's radio id is "County 1." In another county, the sheriff's radio id is "701." In another county, it may be something totally different.

To my knowledge, no such "list" is published; however, it is a great idea, and would be a valuable resource.

When a scanner enthusiast is visiting an area, it would be nice to know if "Station 30" is down the street, and an engine company is leaving the station; or if "Medic 3" is responding from the base just around the corner.

If someone else has an interest in providing fire station locations, EMS bases, and such geographical pertinent information in NC, send me a PM, and maybe we can determine the best way to provide it in one consolidated place.

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Fire and EMS station information is available on the Carolinasfirepage website for both N.C. and S.C.

Additional information can often be found on the official town, city or county website. For traditionalists, some printed phonebooks also include station locations.

In my county - Lancaster County, S.C. - the local newspaper also delivers a free info guide as an annual insert to the weekly free newspaper. The insert includes a map of the fire station locations, as well as their individual fire districts.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Rob

Hey rob do you a list or those anywhere or you just know?

KX4KDH

Database Admin
I imagine that list would be fairly fluid, as they change out radios in units and Deputies pick up different handhelds.

I've used my PSR-800's record feature to isolate some ID's for the local VFD units, and the Charlie units on HI. The others I don't really care about, and wouldn't want to devote the time to keeping it updated.

Most of the departments are pretty good about having the mobile, and portable go along with the officers. All portables are take home in most departments here. They are, in fact issued to each officer with their name on the screen. Mobiles are with exception to when they use a "spare car" temporarily....

JWKOBX

KX4KDH,
Interesting... I've pegged it just the other way... the "spare car" is the "unmarked car" ... and when they are portable, most times the unit # matches the unit # of the changing RID...

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I've found that in most departments, if the officer lives within the city or County limits, the car is take home as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.