Help with Franklin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobJustice4713

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, I'm Rob. I just relocated to NC from Tucson, Arizona. I'm trying to get my BCD436HP setup for my home area which is Youngsville in Franklin county. I have Franklin County's P25 system programmed in manually as well as trying it on the full database. Neither version work for scanning. I can pick up partial transmissions while in trunking discovery mode but it's partial and it receiving completely goes away when it's just in scan mode. I have all the necessary service types turned on. Viper and surrounding systems work just fine. I'm kind of new to this radio due to Tucson switching to a phase 2 system about a year ago, so I may be doing something wrong. Please help. Thanks!

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
First, Welcome to N.C.
In answer to your question, no. you're probably not doing anything wrong. There are a number of threads on here about Franklin Co. and it's issues. Here's just one in particular.
http://forums.radioreference.com/no...um/290052-franklin-county-nc-p25-banding.html
I am following it because I have similar issues with a system built by the same company near me in New Bern.
Good luck in getting it to work. Maybe you can find an answer that will help all.

RobJustice4713

Premium Subscriber
First, Welcome to N.C.
In answer to your question, no. you're probably not doing anything wrong. There are a number of threads on here about Franklin Co. and it's issues. Here's just one in particular.
http://forums.radioreference.com/no...um/290052-franklin-county-nc-p25-banding.html
I am following it because I have similar issues with a system built by the same company near me in New Bern.
Good luck in getting it to work. Maybe you can find an answer that will help all.

Thank you very much. That is a good start. :)

RobJustice4713

Premium Subscriber
Still can't receive this system. Nothing helps. It's crazy that I can monitor every other area except the one I live. If anyone has any tips or can help me locally please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.