Common Mutual Aid Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFP387

In conjunction and response to this thread from a while back, I understand that North Carolina now has it's own 700 Mutual Aid frequencies to use along with the National 800 frequencies that have around for a long time.

My question is when programming both the 700 & 800 mutual aid frequencies in my 436HP (using Sentinel of course), should they be put in as conventional with the modulation set as FM, NFM or Auto?

nd5y

Type should be conventional and mode probably doesn't make any difference.
Unless NC is doing things different that the rest of the country VHF/UHF interop channels will be NFM, 700 MHz P25, and 800 MHz NFM or FM.

The 800 MHz NPSPAC plan is for 4 KHz max deviation on analog which is wider than NFM and slightly less than FM.

drayd48

Viper

Also NC is using VIPER channels. Put in the statewide events alpha TGs. Our county patches to them with our VHF TAC channels when there is something like a big search going on. Also the State Fire TG and State Fire VHF.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Check the service tags on those freqs and make sure your scanner is set to receive those service types.

I may have missed North Carolina's own 700 M/A freqs, but all the nationwide stuff is available for download directly into your 436 if you did not know. I saw it mentioned they were listed in the wiki, but they are here as well

National Interoperability National Interoperability Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.