Customs & Border patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
I recorded Charlie 100 broadcasting an Amber alert for two missing children from Greensboro on 9/6/16 at 2359. The broadcast was received in Greenville North Carolina it was loud and clear. It was heard on 169.550. I have been recording quite a few federal frequencies for a while now and I never heard repeater identification on this frequency.

ecps92

169.5500 is has a variety of users across the county. Not all CBP, but "Charlie 100" might have access to it, as the User Agency has contracted with Charlie 100 to provide Dispatch Services.

Two examples from my region are NMF and FDA use the NLECC

What was the PL or NAC you had??

169.5500 can-be/is used as a Repeater, but also can-be/is used as an input.
The Fed Files Blog: CBP Frequency Updates

I recorded Charlie 100 broadcasting an Amber alert for two missing children from Greensboro on 9/6/16 at 2359. The broadcast was received in Greenville North Carolina it was loud and clear. It was heard on 169.550. I have been recording quite a few federal frequencies for a while now and I never heard repeater identification on this frequency.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
By coincidence I was at RDU airport this morning and heard 169.550 with NAC B00 using encryption.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

TylerMK

Premium Subscriber
Good catch. I've never heard 169.550 as a repeater output in NC, only simplex. I have heard 165.2375 throughout the state as both a repeater output and simplex. With that being said its been a while since I've listened to the Feds on VHF.

peten1vak

Premium Subscriber
The squelch PL/NAC was in search mode - I didn't capture anything. I would attach a sound file of the audio but I don't think it can be done here.

spacellamaman

Good catch. I've never heard 169.550 as a repeater output in NC, only simplex. I have heard 165.2375 throughout the state as both a repeater output and simplex. With that being said its been a while since I've listened to the Feds on VHF.

Simplex? Boy you get right up in the action don't you? well we can share war stories when we're both in the pokey one day for inadvertently getting too close for comfort.

By coincidence I was at RDU airport this morning and heard 169.550 with NAC B00 using encryption.

well count yourself lucky, i think here in central NC i have heard chatter (ENC of course), oh maybe upwards of, golly gee wiz, 3 times. now i heard racket on it so often that i lock it out near permanantly unless things are reaaaalllly slow. I never lock out anything, but 169.55 $B00 gets an exception in my book.

My assumption is it is:
Likely your Wide-Area or Vote-Scan ICE Network for NC

and frankly i wish they would all cut their radios off or put em in nesting ammo cans until they are ready to properly utilize precious spectrum. its affecting my quality of life!

side note:a quick perusal of my scanner, but not my master-note-book, all the following with little to no traffic other than vote-scan key ups i have come across in central NC with $B00

169.5500 ad nauseum- i call it the B.O. Freq, cause its stinks having to listen to it.
169.6375 rare
169.9125 only when far afield into the hinterlands of Asheboro
170.5375 2nd most often semi- frequent

and possibly 170.100 $B00, but it was written before my new system of note protocol was implemented, which is much more precise, so that one is a maybe.

in the same "take it with a grain of salt cause my notation system was Ver 0.0137833" vein, i have noted for

"170.5375 $B00 : Input to 169.55 $B00 ???"

I can't recall specifically what it was that made me think that, as opposed to simply two different repeaters simulcasting, and i didn't record any justification for thinking that possible, but its noteworthy cause i think that is the only time I have suspected Rx-ing an input vs a repeater freq.

anyhoo thought i'd through that out there.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Heard 165.375 NAC 001 encrypted in downtown Raleigh today. Had not heard that one before.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.