Ems Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
HI ! I Was Wondering If Anyone Knew The Sampson County Ems Codes And What They Stand For Such As Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta. Thanks To Anyone Who Replies

daleduke17

McLean County uses those as well. If it is the same, as up here, then it would be:

Alpha - BLS response without lights and sirens; no ALS;
Bravo - BLS with lights and sirens; no ALS;
Charlie - BLS with lights and sirens; ALS without lights and sirens;
Delta - BLS and ALS with lights and sirens;

Courtesy of landofzoz.com (which is now a defunct website in this area, but the forum was still partially intact).

It may be different in your area, I'm not sure.

CCHLLM

Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and the codes used are the uniform codes found on standard med response call sheets.

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
They are used in conjunction with the EMD codes wich if adoped by an agency are a national standard, so there is no confusion.

ocguard

Not my usual thread to be snooping through, but I happened upon this while looking for Outer Banks frequencies.

In addition to Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta, two other response levels have been added in the past few years. Here they are, from least urgent to most urgent (from the National Academy of Emergency Dispatch's Medical Priority Dispatch System)

Omega- non-emergent, dffer to appropriate agency (person fallen but uninjured)
Alpha- BLS, non-emergency response (minor injury or illness)
Bravo- BLS emergency response (minor injury with potential to worsen)
Charlie- BLS emergency, ALS non-emergency (life-threatening potential)
Delta- BLS & ALS emergency (life-threatening)
Echo- BLS, ALS, nearest trained responder (FD, PD), all emergency (cardiac arrest, total airway obstruction, non-breathing)

BLS- Basic Life Support [first responder or EMT-Basic] - basic airway managment, CPR, oxygen administration, splinting, wound care, automatic external defibrillation

ALS- Advanced Life Support [EMT-Paramedic or pre-hospital registered nurse] - advanced airway maintainence (endotracheal intubation), cardiac monitoring, defibrillation, pacing, intraveneous therapy, drug administration

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
ocguard said:
Not my usual thread to be snooping through, but I happened upon this while looking for Outer Banks frequencies.

In addition to Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta, two other response levels have been added in the past few years. Here they are, from least urgent to most urgent (from the National Academy of Emergency Dispatch's Medical Priority Dispatch System)

Omega- non-emergent, dffer to appropriate agency (person fallen but uninjured)
Alpha- BLS, non-emergency response (minor injury or illness)
Bravo- BLS emergency response (minor injury with potential to worsen)
Charlie- BLS emergency, ALS non-emergency (life-threatening potential)
Delta- BLS & ALS emergency (life-threatening)
Echo- BLS, ALS, nearest trained responder (FD, PD), all emergency (cardiac arrest, total airway obstruction, non-breathing)

BLS- Basic Life Support [first responder or EMT-Basic] - basic airway managment, CPR, oxygen administration, splinting, wound care, automatic external defibrillation

ALS- Advanced Life Support [EMT-Paramedic or pre-hospital registered nurse] - advanced airway maintainence (endotracheal intubation), cardiac monitoring, defibrillation, pacing, intraveneous therapy, drug administration

Some may also qualify the dispatch with other information such as adding a number at the end.
In my area the last digital indicates Fire rescue assistanting or not. example 09E1 or 09E2
09 Cardiac arrest (E) nearest trained responder (1) only ambulance (2) ambulance and fire rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.