147.255 Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the 147.255 PCRN Repeater in Level Cross down? I hear traffic on the 442.852 machine on the same tower so I doubt it's my radio.

CCHLLM

The 147.255 repeater on the "pickle fork" tower with 442.825 has been down for a while now, and we haven't heard any word on its fate.

The 145.250 repeater on the Channel 2 TV tower at Level Cross has also been down for a good while. It, however, is scheduled for replacement in the near future, the equipment is being secured and readied, but no word on any projected date of completion.

Last edited:

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. I figured something was going on with it. I live a little too far south to hear the 250 all the time but I noticed I didn't hear it either. Hopefully they'll both be back on the air. Maybe one day that NCPRN dmr machine will finally come to life on that tower as well.

CCHLLM

Ha ha! With Repeaters at 1400 and 1600 feet, access and logistics is the name of the game and there is a glitch in the game of getting the gear to the top. The elevator on the WFMY tower is pretty much permanently out of service, which means several hours of manual ascending and descending time, and the logistics of getting radio gear, tools, food & water, etc. to the platform location kinda put that highly desirable altitude in a different light.

cmdrwill

And we griped about the third floor add-on in a building. Had to wrestle the repeater up the stairs.

CCHLLM

"And we griped about the third floor add-on in a building. Had to wrestle the repeater up the stairs."

Yep, and like your experience, mine was 6 Micor 1/4 kilowatters in a 30th floor utility penthouse that was 2 floors above the last floor the freight elevator reached. Been there, done those exercises, and more times than I want to remember, though I never had to actually climb to a platform at the 1400 ft level on a 2000 ft tower. Thank you, Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.