148.125 MHz C.A.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

al_wilkes

I can no longer monitor their 6am Civil Air Patrol broadcast on my iCOM R2, and I assume they went digital. I believe they transmit from Sauratown Mountain NC. Can anyone still receive them? Maybe it's time to upgrade my equipment! Thank you in advance.

Spec

Do a search here for threads. There were some very extensive threads on this subject a bit back. While they may have not been for your area specifically they may give you some insight.

ecps92

If they went P25 [Dgital] they did so on the same Freq.
Program in that same Freq without PL and see what you hear.

It could also be that Repeater is having issues and is out of service for Maint.

I did see info a few years ago, that the nearest Repeater to your suggested location was actually Fisher Peark at the State Line
I can no longer monitor their 6am Civil Air Patrol broadcast on my iCOM R2, and I assume they went digital. I believe they transmit from Sauratown Mountain NC. Can anyone still receive them? Maybe it's time to upgrade my equipment! Thank you in advance.

al_wilkes

Update

As of Tuesday, Dec. 26th, the 6am broadcasts are back on the air in analog.
"Don't forget, safety is our most important mission."

al_wilkes

Civil Air Patrol

118.8 CTCSS, 148.125 MHz. 6AM broadcasts 7 days a week, consisting of weather forecasts and airport conditions. Usually lasts 5 minutes or less.
Albert

Status
Not open for further replies.