Google maps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailmix

If you have not already done so, Google maps can be a real cool way to watch the action so to speak. Use the hybrid mode (satillite image with street name overlays) and you can see what the police are dealing with, the area, woods, dumpsters even etc...

HCFR89

trailmix said:
If you have not already done so, Google maps can be a real cool way to watch the action so to speak. Use the hybrid mode (satillite image with street name overlays) and you can see what the police are dealing with, the area, woods, dumpsters even etc...

I use google earth myself. Its the same pictures (maps) as google maps. But its just satalight. It also moves alot fast and its easier to move. You can also use scroll on your mouse to zoom in and out. Its free. But whats good about google maps is if your at work or school, they probably dont have google earth downloaded and might not let you download it. But with google maps you can just go to maps.google.com and your there.

also with google earth, you can use the ruler to measure distances.. like from point a to point b. you can also "thumbtack" a area.

Here is the website.. remember its free

http://earth.google.com/

trailmix

Yeah, I had Google Earth on my machine once. Only draw back for me was it took up space I could use for other stuff. ;-)

But they both are good and MicroSloth has one out now too that has even better satillite images. They just don't have my area mapped yet. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.