Durham TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDCamaro35

Can anyone help me to get fire dispatch tones to come through on the Durham TRS? All I get is dead air like someone is keying a mic. But if I flip over to the simulcast on VHF I hear dispatch tones for fire dept. I dont' hear tones on either County or City fire disp tg's. I'm working with a BC250

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Sam, press TRUNK, then step HOLD/LIMIT through each of the 21 frequencies and check for the letter M on top line prior to channel number.

Of course, CC only will make for only one freq according to the DB. You should hear the noise on the CC when you land on it.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Frank- I don't think he was asking a control channel question...

Sam- I believe you are talking about the fire/ems tone out for individual stations...the reason you have not heard any tones on 800Mhz is that you won't ever hear tones on a Moto system....tones are not passed through on 800Mhz...stations are toned out on VHF then voice comms are handled on 800Mhz...so only way to hear tones is to monitor the VHF dispatch freqs then switch over to 800Mhz to hear the on scene ops....
Hope this helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The ONLY time you wil hear tones on an TRS is if they use toning on it.. Some systems have TONING capability, such as the City of Asheville's (Motorola Type II Smartnet *Analog*). Both APD, and AFR have and do use tones, though mainly its APD, announcing a magor wreck or 10-03's an TG. VHF/UHF tones are not rebroadcast as was stated.

PDCamaro35

Thanks for the help guys. Now I understand. Looks as though I am going to want to buy a new scanner. That way I can keep one on VHF and then one on the 800mhz tg's to hear ops.

Status
Not open for further replies.