Besides Police,fire,ems,air,ham What Can Hear On My Pro 528

Status
Not open for further replies.

d-104

I live in Salisbury NC. It is not a bad town but some times I get tired of hearing PD SHER. EMS and FIRE what else is their out their to hear?

rchalupajr

Check in the database for your area. the 528 is a pretty good scanner. Just does not do digital systems.

xpawel15x

That's the same question I asked when I began scanning. I thought I was getting bored of listening to my towns PD. Later I figured out that police/fire is much more interesting to listen to than fast food places or anything else. And I still continue to listen to my town's PD because there is always something new to hear or learn.

zguy1243

Check the 118-136 Mhz aircraft band. There can be interesting at times. The 128.8-132.0 sub band is used for airline Company frequencies. You can hear some really cool stuff there, Such as aircraft problems, fights on the plane, problems with severe weather and so on. Also take a look at some of the nationwide DEA/FBI freqs. Never know whats out there till you try some of them.

KM4WLV

Salisbury

d-104:

I think I may have talked to you on Nextel a while back. Sorry, I have been outta the loop the last little bit, but if you will PM me with an email addy, I'll send you a slew of things to listen to. I too live in Salisbury, and it gets somewhat mundane sometimes. Look foward to hearing back from you.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
While it's not one of my monitoring targets, many find Railroad listening quite interesting, and it's easy to monitor. There's plenty of information available, and it's almost all in one small segment of VHF. 'Railroad' can include things like Trolley systems, as well, and there's a very active one here in San Diego, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.