Storm WOES.. turn to finds

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I hate losing power for 2 days.. but had interesting finds on the following systems... Progress Energy.. 2 new TG's... PSCNC *An SCANA Company* Main TG.... Full usage for two Asheville TG's! Will submit them later today!

padre29

milf said:
I hate losing power for 2 days.. but had interesting finds on the following systems... Progress Energy.. 2 new TG's... PSCNC *An SCANA Company* Main TG.... Full usage for two Asheville TG's! Will submit them later today!

Those are very useful frequencies to have programmed, I keep mine on a seperate bank, I also noticed that CP&L has digital capabilities.

When you are on candle power, it is nice to know how long the power will be out or if you are even in line to have it fixed that night.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You mean PSNC Energy, a SCANA company......

P.S. Looking at a few trucks ready to be sent to the Asheville garage :D

INDY72

Question: Has anyone actually heard anything on the CP&L Asheville Towers?? And if so firstly is digital in usage on thier conventional UHF, and why has no one submitted info on em?:confused:

padre29

I normally only listen in when there is bad weather and our power is knocked out, and then they are down in 460's or so, I only recently have gotten a digital capable scanner and thrashing that out hasn't left me time to search for the CP&L digital stuff.

err.. Progress Energy a Scania company digital stuff.

Grog

Banned
padre29 said:
I normally only listen in when there is bad weather and our power is knocked out, and then they are down in 460's or so, I only recently have gotten a digital capable scanner and thrashing that out hasn't left me time to search for the CP&L digital stuff.

err.. Progress Energy a Scania company digital stuff.

Just a note...

Progress Energy was CP&L, which has nothing to do with PSNC Energy, A SCANA Company :D

INDY72

LOL! PSNC Energy, deals with primarily Natural Gas Operations.
Didn't know that CP&L was no longer in existence.... Thought Progress Energy Carolinas, and CP&L were different organizations. Will disregard the UHF stuff lic'ed to em and lic'ed for digital and keep on the TRS. Thanks guys!

Grog

Banned
From a search, CP&L merged with Florida Power (or something close to that) to form Progress Energy

Yes, PSNC is 100% Natural gas while their co-company SCE&G is combined gas and electric.

P.S. Just think, if not for SCANA selling the system to /\/\ Pal800 woukd not be what it is today :D

INDY72

Well first they went to the State of SC.... and SC couldn't afford multiple systems statewide... So big M bought it and voila.... Palmetto 800... in two parts.... soon to be the new and improved Palmetto 25! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.