CMPD Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamAce

Hi guys,

I am new the the area. Can someone tell me what frequency I can find CMPD's Independence division? So far, my PRO-94 can only seem to find South division.

Ace

IamAce

Scott,

I know the talkgroup, but I am looking for the specific frequency. I should add that I am new to scanning as well. I find this site VERY helpful. I am embarrassed to add that I am not quite certain what DEC and HEX stand for. LOL! I am learning everyday! Thanks so much for your help.

Ace

kg4pbd

No problem. There are 28 frequencies in the Charlotte system. These are all listed in the database here at RR. You need all 28 of those frequencies loaded to follow the system. I don't think the pro94 does control channel trunking.

If you aren't familiar with trunked systems you may want to read up on them in the Wiki section of this site.

If you haven't already done so you need to set up a new trunked system in one bank of your pro94, entering all 28 frequencies along with the talkgroup id's you are interested in. You may need to follow the instructions in the manual for that radio, if you don't have it I'm sure you can find it here at the Wiki or at Radio Shack's website. Sorry I can't help you more but I'm not very familiar with that particular radio.

You shouldn't need to bother with DEC and HEX. Just enter the decimal number for the talkgroup i.e. Independence Dispatch is 8752, that is the number you would enter for the talkgroup. In order to do that you need to make sure you have set up the system as a Motorola type 2, again you'll need to refer to your radio's manual on how to do that.

Last edited:

IamAce

Awesome Scott I can do that! Are the frequencies listed under South division the ones I need? Thanks so much for the info and advice. I do have the manual, but it reads like mud!!!

Ace

Status
Not open for further replies.