Another new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

shreck

Hello from Wilmington.
I'm glad I foud this place, I'm looking for a mobile trunk tracker to be used mainly in the New Hanover/Brunswick/Pender/Onslow area.
I currently wave a Uniden BC60xl but everyone in jumping to trunk systems I guess I need to upgrade.
From the information I gleaned from the Brunswick county thread, even though I can't trunktrak I can program 453.2375 453.4125 460.2 460.3875 460.575 and follow the Sherrif's department. Please tell me if that's correct.
I still get the Brunswich Co. Sherrif on 453.450, is that just dispatch?
Any recomendations for a mobile scanner, I actually have some tax refund money just a waiting to get spent.

blinddog50

Shreck,

Welcome to RR.

If you check the top of the NC forum page you find a sticky for the Brunswick Co. area.

There are several members in your area that will be glad to help.

Once again welcome aboard.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
shreck said:
Hello from Wilmington.

Any recomendations for a mobile scanner, I actually have some tax refund money just a waiting to get spent.

Welcome to the RR shreck you hit scanner heaven here......any questions you have - don't be shy about it......people are all about helping the hobby in here...sure you'll see some debates but all healthy and wise.....

Uniden BCT-15 would do you well looking at about $175 to $240 or a Realistic Pro-2055 would be cool to....both have ALPHA TAGS ......

Brunswick County is an odd system , it is LTR trunking - has to be in LOGICAL ORDER in your scanner bank.......with either of the scanners above you can get software that will allow you to connect to the RR database and download it right into your scanner.

Should be some great scanning around the downtown "hood" area.....you know "Rock City" !

shreck

I went out and got a pro 97 and I think I have some of it figured out, I'm working on the rest.
I still don't know where to go and rename my tagged trunked id's are.
Akk this instruction manual is about worthless.

ScanDaBands

Banned
shreck said:
I went out and got a pro 97 and I think I have some of it figured out, I'm working on the rest.
I still don't know where to go and rename my tagged trunked id's are.
Akk this instruction manual is about worthless.

Here ya go click on da link shrek.......easier to read manual.Right hand column bout midway - TEXT TAGGING
happy_dance.gif

http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/97/97.html

Last edited:

shreck

I'm slowly but surely learning how to get this sucker to work.
I looked at just the ID numbers for so long I knew most of them by number. Now I have all but one tagged, it's not on the list.
I've learned how to tag, and turn ID's on and off.
I'm going to have to give some thought on how I manage the memory, right now it's a bit haphazard.

ScanDaBands

Banned
shreck said:
I'm going to have to give some thought on how I manage the memory, right now it's a bit haphazard.

It get downright fun if you "get into it".......like my 246T for instance.

The systems have groups and you can have it any number of ways....

Horry County TRS could be your system and under groups you could have it general like as in say a group could be named Police and you could put say it is CONWAY , you could simply have all the id's and put CONWAY PD all the way down. I prefer to be specific so I have a group CONWAY and the id's are all tagged for what they are ie: Dispatch,Talkaround,etc. - you follow?

like these screen shots show.

arc246t_general.jpg

arc246t_specific.jpg

OOOOPS!!!!

desktop.jpg

Last edited:

ScanDaBands

Banned
blinddog50 said:
SCAN!!!!!
What are you at your 'puter for!!!!
It's bike rally week.
Babes, bikes, more babes!!

I think it's time for an intervention!

Already been "scouting" ..........................he SCORES !! Do I need to elaborate
happy_dance.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.