Let's Roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinddog50

Okay all you RR members around Charlotte.
It's our BIG scanning week-end.
Make sure you have your event TG's in.
Speed St.,Coca-Cola 600,drunks galore!

Heck, it hasn't hardly got started and we've already had an accident uptown and a shooting at the transit center.

Ahhh, I love the smell of hot transistors in the morning.

nitroboie

Also, 451.9875 DCS172 is the security channel at the track itself. There were quite a few fights and passed out fans in the bathrooms saturday night at the All Star race last weekend.

bonus1331

Looking forward to monitoring this weekend along with barbequing, watching the race....on TV, packing (moving into a new house in 3 weeks all of 4 miles from where we currently live), celebrating my daughters birthday, and most likely going to see Pirates with said birthday girl.
.....Love a 3 day weekend!

blinddog50

David,
Sounds good.
I am one of the unfortunates that has to work this week-end.
But scanning I will do.
Are you becoming a mecklenburger or are you remaining a unionite, unioner, unioni?

I've read the reviews of Pirates III and they don't sound to good.

If she hasn't seen Spidey III yet, I highly recommend seeing it at Discovery Place's IMAX theater.

It is absolutely awesome.

Have fun this week-end!

bonus1331

Sorry to hear about your lack of weekend plans.
We like the schools district we're in, so we are staying in Union. Actual address is Matthews, but on the Union side.
Upside is we're moving into a community with an HOA (lawns mowed, no barking dogs, no bright blue houses.) Downside is, I'll need to most likely pu the Scantenna in the attic. Need to get on the roof this weekend as well.
Actaully have Spiderman II on the TIVO to get re-caught up. May take your advice, up to her.

blinddog50

I'm not real thrilled myself, but corporate America continues regardless.
Beware of the HOA gestapo goosestepping to your front door for leaving a soda can on your patio.

It actually happened to me.

bonus1331

Heard alot of MEDIC calls on EVENTS 7 last night involving thrown bottles, falls with injury, and some guy who sprayed MACE in front of one of the stages and got about 5 people.
Darn, makes me wish I was there!!!

acarsnut

mil-air listening to 376.025 and 354.100 still trying to see if its race related.

376.025 is most active.
also active 348.65

Last edited:

kg4pbd

Also 349.4 has been active today.

Is anyone monitoring Cabarus TRS? I can't get it from here but Viper Heath has had a lot of activity related to the racetrack.

bonus1331

Monitoring Cabarrus TRS now. Really only need the EVENTS TG's.
Signal from here near Indian Trail has gotten alot better in the last few months.
Able to monitor with the RS 800 duck.

nitroboie

I'm monitoring in-car audio, race control, and the track security. So far, I've caught one women throwing up un-consience in one of thte bathroom, and security just got complaints from a group of people smoking weed in the stands.

acarsnut

If you have bellsouth dsl you can listen free.But you done get all the drivers.Iam listening to dale jr.It really adds to the sport

derekjmu

Premium Subscriber
here's what i came up with for speedway comms this weekend...

451.6375-R / DPL 054 / TRANSPORTATION (GOLF CARTS)
451.6875-R / DPL 132 / ??
451.9875-R / DPL 172 / SECURITY
452.1375-R / DPL 073 / CONCESSIONS
452.1625-R / DPL 712 / TICKET COLLECTORS ?
452.3125-R / DPL 114 / TRAFFIC CONTROL ?
452.6875-R / PL 192.8 / MAINTENANCE
461.9000-R / DPL 754 / EMS OPERATIONS WITHIN SPEEDWAY

all the speedway comms are using MDC. MDC wasn't necessarily the individuals radio number, just the ID of their radio.

all these repeaters have a 5-10 mile coverage radius from the track as i was able to hear the security repeater at I-77 & I-85 as well as in Mint Hill.

some of these may stay active through Monday and Tuesday as it usually takes a while to clean up!

Last edited:

nitroboie

Now that the race is over, it's REALLY time to listen! An officer has just been struck by a car because the driver decided to dis-obey him!

nitroboie

Derek, were you able to find out what frequency "Channel 3" is on? Every so often I would hear them (security) say to switch over to Channel 3, but was never able to find it.

derekjmu

Premium Subscriber
no i wasn't. i'm guessing it was a talk-around simplex channel. i scanned 450 (mostly remote broadcast), 451, 452, 454 (mostly remote broadcast), and 461-465 for freqs last night and tonight. heard a few simplex freqs used by drivers, but didn't really listen to those long enough to hear anything. LOTS of remote broadcast pick-up on 450-450.9875 MHz. i think i found 10-12 different ones. 454.000 MHz was VERY strong. maybe MRN's link.

i used to stand in the infield of south boston speedway in VA shooting pics of NASCAR late model stock races and always had my scanner. most everything there, including NASCAR officials, was on UHF simplex. much smaller operation.

i wonder if these repeaters are temporary or are used the same way in October.

RadioJonD

Exalted Nabob
At the hairdresser's, past the liquor store.
May 2008

Hello NC forum!

Looks like members of my family including my ownslf are going to be in attendance for the All Star Race on May 17. Just wanted to thank y'all for the freqs here and in the data base! I'm sure to have my ears on!

Jonathan in Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.