RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum

North Carolina Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of North Carolina.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2014, 3:34 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

The HP1 would be sufficient. Both Charlotte & VIPER are P25 phase I and the HP1 is capable of tracking both systems.
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2014, 12:02 AM

Default Duke Energy

Hi, I have a BCD536HP. It is working great. I can not find Duke Energy in the internal data base. Will this scanner receive there system?

Thanks John
Old 12-23-2014, 7:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOU View Post
Hi, I have a BCD536HP. It is working great. I can not find Duke Energy in the internal data base. Will this scanner receive there system?

Thanks John
Duke Energy is on an Open Sky system, and cannot be monitored with a scanner.
Old 12-25-2014, 6:32 PM

Default Unlisted analog TGID query

I have been using this site for sometime but feel a bit sheepish asking fairly simple questions, so if ya'll would humor me (or ignore me) the former would be much appreciated.

I have a bc346xt I picked up on sale this summer. already had a fair bit of the charlotte/meck analog system loaded up, including some obsolete ones. any new TGIDs i come across i have look up on the listing and maybe 1/2 i have found. many were accumulated through the automated search and store function and never heard from again, but i have a handful that i have heard vocals on that still elude me. notes have been made to sort of point me in the right direction but no clues have i heard to really make me feel confident.

none of the unknowns have i heard as dig signals (as i do with many of the other systems, Alamance/Guilford, Mooresville, etc which i more often than not find listed) and they tend to be in the higher ranges, ala 30,000's but also many 20's 10's and 4 digits. If anyone wants to point me in the right direction (teach me to fish) I would greatly appreciate it and if someone is so brave as to want to attempt them individually (just give me some fish) I would be more than happy to list them out. Thanks either way.
Old 12-26-2014, 1:53 PM

Default a bit more info

it has occurred to me that my previous post was a bit open ended and lacked specificity that might intrigue some guru. so a short synopsis. all represent ones i can find nothing on relating to the analog system.

32912- voices
32432- voices
14992- whispering voices....
4688 something about a coin jam at south college?

--
also some seem to cross pollinate with non Char/Meck systems:

12656- no Charlotte analog listing or P25

but......

Greensboro / Guilford County
--12656-- 317 A SO TRAIN 1 Sheriff Training 1 Law Tac

Salisbury / Rowan County (presumably inactive system, only SCADA ever picked up and a hospital patch, once)
--12656-- 317 A EVENTS 9 Events 9 Multi-Tac

same control chans as other systems? i am at a loss
--
brief sampler of search and store TGIDs that i have yet to hear anything or find anything on:

any bites? thanks
Sponsored links

Old 12-28-2014, 2:29 PM

Default PL codes on 800mhz

so last night for kicks at a high overlook of the charlotte concord area i decide to try some of the more interesting features of the 346xt. i set up a search and store with the 2 main 800mhz bands it covers, 800-820 didnt get much, as i expected.

but topped out the max 100 chans when scanning 849-869... less than 30min each, with prob 10 miles and serious elevation changes between the two search locations. interesting but not surprising.

what i didnt expect was 2 digital or control channels (typical noise, no analog vocals) with PL codes, which i had optioned to search for as well

859.5375 PL165.5- a Char/Meck freq i am fairly sure

and

860.4125 PL 199..5

ummmm what?

i have encountered this before, low band 42mhz ish showing PL codes when search function set to look. such as the old SBI freqs that RR lists right in the middle of NCSHP low band. don't understand that either but at least its a known analog frequency, and PL codes were right too, i knew what they were supposed to be for the SBI chans but since i figured unlikely to hear them i just set it to search for dcs/pl/ctcss/wtf.

Now especially with the first one, with the PL code i am hearing the normal racket, switch over to the motorola system and same frequency gives me vocals as expected. I am certainly no expert on all of this, but I don't even understand why, if i can snag 100ct 800mhz chans in 30mins they would still be so packed in that someone else is using a Public Safety freq with a PL code for a diff function. I know PL codes function, but it seems an unnecessary possible complication if there was ever a glitch in the future due to the cohabitation on the same freq. they were both coming in strong, not some distant anomaly i wouldn't think.

then again, wasn't last night supposed to be a good night for F layer skip on 700-900mhz??? I bet thats it.

a nudge, a link, a doctoral dissertation, anything plz. thanks in advance, i know you are all typing up a storm to help ole buddy out in just a second. ,Yur poor ole cuntryboy hick friend with his fancy new scanner duds, a bc346xt, the high falutinist, learningist horse and buggy scanner on the market.

"Well Jim, it beats the pants off his old 20 Chan Pro-50", "I know Bob, but that was more on his level, intellectually speaking, this thing might finally send him over the edge. He keeps referring to the scanner as HAL and mumbling about some pod bay doors, whatever that means"
Old 12-28-2014, 4:44 PM
Database Admin

860.4125 is a control channel for an 800 MHz MOTOTRBO Connect Plus system, which explains the bogus PL tone.

James White Trunking System, Charlotte, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

Not 100% sure what you're hearing on 859.5375.... that's licensed to the city of Charlotte, but between the state MDT transmitters, Duke Energy OpenSky, & City of Charlotte transit data all in that area of the spectrum you could be hearing adjacent noise if your scanner was overloaded.

One of the downsides for using search and store, there's no recorded audio. Where were you at when you were running search and store?
Old 01-04-2015, 6:02 PM

Default BCD536HP In CLT

I think I am going to throw my new scanner against a wall. this thing is smarter than me. Do any of you use this scanner in Charlotte? Help

KK4ZAX

John
Old 01-04-2015, 6:53 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default Charlotte. Nc

Yes I do listen to the Charlotte Police Department
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2015, 6:56 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hey JD, I know nothing about BC but I have and programed the RS 106 buy computer. I will talk to you later.

K2JMC

John
Old 01-04-2015, 10:25 PM

Default BCD536HP

Thanks John. I have been using the Sentinel software. but I am still lost. It will work with the Full data base and my zip code but I want more control of the the FLQK, and FLSK, I just can't get it to work that way.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:17 PM

Ok I stuck with it and I now am not going to put this scanner on the railroad tracks. I was removing the sites from the list in order to speed the scan rate. Next is to learn about the close call and start a list of local business.
Old 01-10-2015, 7:57 AM

Default TGID 1779

Talk group 1779 sounds like it is a southern part of CMPD. It is listed in the Data Base as Animal control. Is this correct?

BCD536HP
Thanks John
Old 01-10-2015, 9:12 AM
Database Admin

Yes it is. Animal Control is patched with Steele Creek division so you will hear traffic from both TGs on either channel.
Old 01-22-2015, 7:52 PM

I am no longer receiving the CMPD Ind div. dispatch. I am getting the other CMPD. Is it me or dose any one elas have this happing to them?
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2015, 10:40 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOU View Post
I am no longer receiving the CMPD Ind div. dispatch. I am getting the other CMPD. Is it me or dose any one elas have this happing to them?
Do you have Hickory Grove division turned on? Independence will patch with Hickory Grove, so you can find both divisions on either talkgroup. I have it on as we speak, and it appears Hickory Grove is the current patch side.

Keep in mind the following divisions are typically patched:
Central & Metro
Eastway & North Tryon
Hickory Grove & Independence
Providence & South
Steele Creek & Animal Control

North, Westover, and Freedom are typically not patched.
Old 01-25-2015, 9:16 AM

Thinks Scott for the list. I had the HG div. turned off. I am know hearing my part of town on it. Still no traffic on the Inc div. dispatch talk group.
Old 02-10-2015, 5:58 AM

My neighbor needs help with her Radio Shack Pro 652. I want to help but I do not know any thing about this scanner. It took me to long to learn my uniden. She just needs to hear CMPD and CFD. Thanks John

Tags