Stokes County Jamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Currently there are some interesting exchanges taking place between the dispatcher and some unknown subject with a radio on Fire F1 (154.265). Interesting listening if you can pick up Stokes County.

drew6553

we kinda had a problem like that last year. one of the deputies or officers kids foudn their parents ht and were using it to play i guess cops and robbers this went one for half an hour and i was surprised at how well the dispatcher handled it after it got to constant keying he powered up the repeater and bled over them and said " ok you've had your fun here now go find some where else to play and leave the radio where you found it." the kids obviously stunned said yes sir and we haven't had the problem since. i guess that's one example b/w accidental jamming and malicious jamming. I'm quite positive you are suffering from a malicious jammer

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I stopped monitoring at about 3AM but whoever it was on there is gone at the moment. Hopefully it was just a stolen HT and he's run the battery down now, but I have a feeling it might be a former firefighter or soon-to-be former firefighter. From the speech on the radio it sounded like an older white male. I say a firefighter because the guy knew the 10-codes somewhat and immediately stopped talking when a call was dispatched, and as soon as the last unit cleared from the call he would start right back up. The dispatcher outright told him to "shut up" 5 or 6 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.