A-900 SHP unit designator ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pair of SHP A-900 units (A-952 and A-950) were working in Carteret County today, running as a wolfpack speed trap team, independent of the local A-800 cars......who are they and where are they from ????? I thought the regular Troop A cars only ran from the A-100's to A-800's....

Have heard Williamston also calling A-935 and A-958 tonight, too.

barefootdipole

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Anytime you hear cars with the Troop Letter and 900 number prefix, you are hearing SHP Motor Carrier Units. These troopers were formerly DMV Enforcement Officers. Each of the eight troops (A-H) have these 900 units.

thanks FireCop !

the holiday certainly has "all hands on deck" doing traffic/speed enforcement.....(A-961 is wearing Williamston out this morning ! )

yesterday it was interesting to hear the two A-900 units running their speed enforcement together...they were definately in the learning mode, seeing what tactics worked and sharing ideas on how to use the radar against a stream of cars, etc....they also seemed to enjoy using some hot and stealthy vehicles ! they were having a blast !!! it was great to hear their almost CONSTANT running commentary with each other simplex on the low band output 42.64....picked up some good tips :)

WA4MJF

Actually, the word is they have assigned the first from a class to MC duty.
So most are former DMV, and now the transistion to assigned folks
from the NCSHP basic course has started. All the former DMV folks
have completed the transition training and MC cars are now marked
like the rest of the NCSHP cars.

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
You know, I wondered in the back of my mind when they would have to start assigning new troopers to those positions.

WA4MJF

Beatty's plan since the merger was to make it another assignment within the
Patrol.

dvferguson

Lidar

I wouldn't doubt it if they were testing the use of LIDAR. One trooper clocks the speeder then contacts the other trooper in waiting.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.