NCSHP Troop B Columbus/Bladen County ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkchop

Whiteville, North Carolina(Columbus County)
I've got a Uniden BC245XLT scanner. I live in Columbus County North Carolina. The Highway Patrol station is located in the next county...Bladen.

Does anyone know what the scanner frequencies are for the NCSHP? I found some here but I'm not sure what I need to be listening to. I believe they are in the 800mhz range but I do not know if they are trunked or not. And I have no idea how to make my scanner trunk the freq's.

Could someone please help me out? I'm a new guy at this and I can not figure it out.

Thanks,

Kevin

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Kevin ,where are you in Columbus County? These are most likely your best bet on the Lowband.

42.6600 ELIZABETHTOWN
42.6000 ELIZABETHTOWN
42.5800 BRUNSWICK/PENDER
42.3800 BRUNSWICK/PENDER
42.6800 ROBESON
42.9400 ROBESON

If you can put CTSS tones in the 245xlt all these are 173.8

Last edited:

Porkchop

I live in Whiteville. I have a few of those 42's you've listed. Don't they use the 800mhz trunking system in this area? There are a few freq's that are 800 that I have in my scanner but I never really hear anything on them. They pause on them and I hear a tad of static and nothing else. They are from this site but I have no idea if you have to set the scanner up to trunk or what?

Not to mention most of the time I never hear anything on those freqs that are 42 that I have anyway. Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I surely appreciate the answer you have given me. Anything else would be greatly appreciated too.

Is my scanner sub-standard and in need of replacing or what?

ScanDaBands

Banned
I grew up ( well tried to ) in Whiteville - GRIN......I would suggest to check out your scanner here:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BC245XLT

Yes NCSHP is indeed on the VIPER system......

http://http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=4087

If you have enough luck to be able to afford it....think this would do you good to even begin to try and monitor the VIPER system.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD396T

as for why you wouldn't hear the 42mhz , not sure .......I am in Whiteville quite a bit (and various Columbus repeater sites) and I hear the 42mhz stuff ok....you know Columbus County has a 911 center now right?

Go here to this link and check it out.....you will hear quite a bit on the County Stuff.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1910

Porkchop

That is a nice scanner...dag-on it's not cheap though. I guess you get what you pay for though huh?

Sometimes...rarely though...I will hear something on those freq's. Not often though. I can not figure out the 800mhz stuff however. I know there is much more I'm missing cause I can't figure this thing out. Seems like I need a newer scanner though.

Thanks!

ScanDaBands

Banned
hey also porkchop.............Tim at the CB (Radio Shack) isn't a bad person to deal with.....I'd keep an eye on that pawn shop there where the car dealership used to be , they had a 2052 on the shelf last time I was there.......I just picked up a 2096 (digital) at a pawn shop right close to me here in Little River for $225 - :D . Not even stolen either , I had it checked......LOL.:lol:

Porkchop

Ha-ha...I know the guy that owns that pawn shop, Kenny Barnes. I'm not a big fan of Tim but yeah he's pretty fair to deal with sometimes. I need a bigger & better scanner for sure. That 396 is a nice one for sure. I have 3 scanners right now that aren't worth throwing at anyone I guess. A BC60xlt, a 245xlt and a Pro-2006. I guess all three of them piled together ain't for a hockey huh? That is terrible. That just means I have to beg my wife to let me buy something better...time to get on my knees I guess.

ScanDaBands

Banned
Porkchop said:
Ha-ha...I know the guy that owns that pawn shop, Kenny Barnes. I'm not a big fan of Tim but yeah he's pretty fair to deal with sometimes. I need a bigger & better scanner for sure. That 396 is a nice one for sure. I have 3 scanners right now that aren't worth throwing at anyone I guess. A BC60xlt, a 245xlt and a Pro-2006. I guess all three of them piled together ain't for a hockey huh? That is terrible. That just means I have to beg my wife to let me buy something better...time to get on my knees I guess.

LOL ..................KEEP THE 2006 .................check mine out....

33_11.jpg

IMG_2006_1.jpg

IMG_2006_2.jpg

GRIN.................and another......

modafter.jpg

Porkchop

And the 42's made a liar out of me tonight. I was standing in the kitchen cutting up potatoes and heard what I thought was the HP. Looked over and there they were, most everyone of them you mentioned back to back showing up on the display. I didn't hear what I thought I would hear however...looking for them calling in plates and such as that. I haven't heard much more out of them since then...but they made a liar out of me none the less.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.