Ocean Isle Beach PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Can someone give me details on the Ocean Isle Beach PD? I can't find any current reference to what frequencies they are using. I did try an old listing of 453.475 but that is apparently outdated. Any help is appreciated.

Jon

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Actually no that's not outdated....................it is in operation and being used by OIB.

redmonds

ScanDaBands said:
Actually no that's not outdated....................it is in operation and being used by OIB.

This is correct. I just spent a week down there and listened the whole week. Pretty quite except for Saturday morning people leaving and Saturday afternoon people coming.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Well I was down there week before last and I never heard anything on that freq. Maybe I just was listening during quiet times. Oh well, I'll try it again when I go back next month.

Thanks guys.

Jon

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
joncleve said:
Well I was down there week before last and I never heard anything on that freq. Maybe I just was listening during quiet times. Oh well, I'll try it again when I go back next month.

Thanks guys.

Jon

Jon , I should have stated a little more............yes they use that (Redmon hit it) but mostly for traffic control , etc. THEY ARE ALSO on the LTR system.........most of the towns that I'm aware of still have the old UHF radios access (mobile,portable) IE: the conventional frequencies listed here in the RR database for Brunswick County. Hard to say on a given day which one you'll hear. I do hear OIB on the 453.475 but I'm around this area constantly. Hope that helps.....I personally wish the Brunswick County "guru" of frequencies would straighten the database as to who is connected to what site on the LTR system and who STRICTLY uses UHF , I think Bald Head falls into the stictly category.....see what I mean we need the "guru" to straighten us out :D

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Ocean Isle3 Beach PD?

ScanDaBands said:
Jon , I should have stated a little more............yes they use that (Redmon hit it) but mostly for traffic control , etc. THEY ARE ALSO on the LTR system.........most of the towns that I'm aware of still have the old UHF radios access (mobile,portable) IE: the conventional frequencies listed here in the RR database for Brunswick County. Hard to say on a given day which one you'll hear. I do hear OIB on the 453.475 but I'm around this area constantly. Hope that helps.....I personally wish the Brunswick County "guru" of frequencies would straighten the database as to who is connected to what site on the LTR system and who STRICTLY uses UHF , I think Bald Head falls into the stictly category.....see what I mean we need the "guru" to straighten us out :D

Looking at the Brunswick County listings, Ocean Isle Beach is not even mentioned. Yes, it probably needs to be updated by someone that has the correct info.

Thanks,

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.