New Hanover County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Good Afternoon everyone -

I wanted to give everyone a heads up that I will be updating this page over the weekend. With the migration over to 800 a majority of the frequencies listed are no longer valid. I know that some agencies still use expired frequencies but to clean things up I wanted to get rid of all the expired data. What I will do in the meantime, is move everything that is expired to a subcategory so that there is visibility prior to deletion of the frequencies. If anyone has anything for New Hanover County or anywhere in NC, please feel free to submit it and I will get it updated ASAP. I just went to Wilmington last weekend and found some new talk groups that I will have to work on identifying.

Thanks everyone!

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was listening to some of the New Hanover County Sheriff's ID's and heard maintenance on them , didn't sound related to law or anything. I might can help you a little with that , I can monitor from where I work , I'll pay it a bit more attention when I get a chance.

On the NHRMC system - TGID 1520 is Maintenance Channel B (heard that yesterday)

if you want to give me those TGID's I will listen for those too.

ScanDaBands

Banned
Robby - Database is looking good - Thanks for the work........do you happen to have your own "personal" New Hanover file (246T,330T, or 396T ARC .mem file) - be interested in comparing what I have with it....or anybody that lives in New Hanover County and is a "guru" for that matter.....I monitor it from Brunswick County off the old Kanoy Tower - 140' up......brings up another question , I also monitor the Viper of course - the NCSHP links on the NH County system are used a lot more , than I hear on the Viper...is that dispatched from within the County , or does that all come from Elizabethtown?

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
How SHP Links with NHC/VIPER is unknown, but I did note that I heard a substantial volume of SHP traffic over the NHC link so I am thinking that it is a simulcast of the VHF-Lo vice VIPER. They are dispatched from E-Town, and my thinking is that they have a radio for SHP just like here in Onslow County all B-3 cars can talk to the Sheriffs Office (KIN418).

Hope this helps

ScanDaBands said:
Robby - Database is looking good - Thanks for the work........do you happen to have your own "personal" New Hanover file (246T,330T, or 396T ARC .mem file) - be interested in comparing what I have with it....or anybody that lives in New Hanover County and is a "guru" for that matter.....I monitor it from Brunswick County off the old Kanoy Tower - 140' up......brings up another question , I also monitor the Viper of course - the NCSHP links on the NH County system are used a lot more , than I hear on the Viper...is that dispatched from within the County , or does that all come from Elizabethtown?

ScanDaBands

Banned
Robbyboy said:
How SHP Links with NHC/VIPER is unknown, but I did note that I heard a substantial volume of SHP traffic over the NHC link so I am thinking that it is a simulcast of the VHF-Lo vice VIPER. They are dispatched from E-Town, and my thinking is that they have a radio for SHP just like here in Onslow County all B-3 cars can talk to the Sheriffs Office (KIN418).

Hope this helps

Yes that makes sense.....like Brunswick County has the same setup , haven't heard them on the BC system - YET but they do have a "link"

Last edited:

ScanDaBands

Banned
Robby I meant to ask also , the part you added , those are confirmed active I take it - right ?

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
I did not add anything. All I did was move the entries with expired licences to a new section. The remainder are still not expired.

ScanDaBands said:
Robby I meant to ask also , the part you added , those are confirmed active I take it - right ?

ScanDaBands

Banned
Robby , I am at work and monitoring the system.....don't know why but I'm getting a ton of DATA on there today.....Wilmington B-1 sounds like when you try and scan a trunk system when in coventional mode......a few more like that...any ideas?

I don't have a certain fleetmap set up I went with whatever the RR database gives me.

Have it as CC only

Hold Time - 2

Scan Id's

Status Bits - Ignore

End Code - Yes

sound about right ??

(anybody that monitors New Hanover - feel free to chime in eh)

Last edited:

yardbird

Okay!

My question is if New Hanover County is not using the frequency of 154.295 MHz anymore.

What frequency are they using to alert volunteer fire fighters on. I know they still use 155.280 to alert the EMS Crews.

I don't think that every volunteer would be issued a 800 MHz radio, especially if they were just voted into the department on probationary status.

If they are, then they have a pretty good source of income from somewhere.

Just a thought!

David

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Yardbird -

I asked myself the same question. I will ask a friend who monitors down there. I havent been able to find anywhere to dig that info up.

Cheers

yardbird said:
Okay!

My question is if New Hanover County is not using the frequency of 154.295 MHz anymore.

What frequency are they using to alert volunteer fire fighters on. I know they still use 155.280 to alert the EMS Crews.

I don't think that every volunteer would be issued a 800 MHz radio, especially if they were just voted into the department on probationary status.

If they are, then they have a pretty good source of income from somewhere.

Just a thought!

David

yardbird

10-4!

The last time I was down there which was in June of this year, I think they were still cross-patching 154.295 and 800 MHz together for the dispatch and then assigning an ops channel for the call.

I had a VHF portable and 800 MHz scanner, and I had the stereo effect when they dispatched on county fire.

David

ScanDaBands

Banned
yardbird said:
10-4!

The last time I was down there which was in June of this year, I think they were still cross-patching 154.295 and 800 MHz together for the dispatch and then assigning an ops channel for the call.

I had a VHF portable and 800 MHz scanner, and I had the stereo effect when they dispatched on county fire.

David

That's how they do it in Horry County......

14thCav

'Seabreeze' Freq., Do I need em?

Robert, when I set up my trunking scanner I used only the 'Primary' freq.
I just found more trunking freq list as 'Seabreeze'. Do I need to enter them also?

Thanks in advance,
14th Cav

ScanDaBands

Banned
Hey New Hanover site update - I mentioned I could listen at work and I have been...........these TGID's listed under NH County Sheriff are being used for Public Works type stuff.....don't think it's the County but I don't know - I do know this NO Sheriff traffic at all on these TGID's

Status
Not open for further replies.