Wilmington (New Hanover) Back Up System ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
QUESTION: On The New Hanover County Backup system in the database , I keep hearing around 8:00 - 8:30 AM a check with a bunch of EMS Units and the Control signs off with the name of "Security Base" , does anybody recognize that - have I call set up with it also - that seems to be all maintenance of some sort.....anyway intetrested in if the "Security Base" might be camp Lajuene maybe? I'm listening from Brunswick County off of a tower , antenna is 140 feet high , so it's a possibility I could hear up that way ......:D

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
Highly unlikely you are hearing Lejeune TRS system. There is only one link and thats to the Onslow 800 and its not a direct link (Someone monitoring the radio vice system installed in MCB EOC). Lejeune is also on 408.xxx band. Does not sound like something I have heard before and I have all of my banks filled up with talkgroups from MCB.

Cheers

ScanDaBands said:
QUESTION: On The New Hanover County Backup system in the database , I keep hearing around 8:00 - 8:30 AM a check with a bunch of EMS Units and the Control signs off with the name of "Security Base" , does anybody recognize that - have I call set up with it also - that seems to be all maintenance of some sort.....anyway intetrested in if the "Security Base" might be camp Lajuene maybe? I'm listening from Brunswick County off of a tower , antenna is 140 feet high , so it's a possibility I could hear up that way ......:D

ScanDaBands

Banned
Robbyboy said:
Highly unlikely you are hearing Lejeune TRS system. There is only one link and thats to the Onslow 800 and its not a direct link (Someone monitoring the radio vice system installed in MCB EOC). Lejeune is also on 408.xxx band. Does not sound like something I have heard before and I have all of my banks filled up with talkgroups from MCB.

Cheers

cool , thanks for the input Robby , I'll do some research on the control channels and see what's close ...........maybe 140 feet up brings futher than I thought...:lol: but by the same token , if anybody hears "Secueity Base" - let me know what it is if you can ......

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
New Hanover Co

A couple of years ago, I was listening to them one night when they started having problems with the 800 system. I heard a WPD telecommunicator tell all units to switch to "10-C". After doing some searching and checking the FCC database, I found them on the GE Plant 800 system in Castle Hayne. Further searching also found some New Hanover SO units on a talkgroup on the New Hanover Regional Medical Center 800 system. Since Horry Co and Onslow Co are the 2 closest 800 systems to Wilmington and probably too far away for backup purposes, I guess that's why they set it up to use 2 local 800 systems for backup purposes. I know there is a talkgroup on the GE system for plant security along with some maintenance talkgroups and the NHRMC system is similar. Could these be what you are hearing or, reading another post, are you refering to the Seabreeze site? The Seabreeze site, to me, is kind of screwy. I believe its purpose was to provide coverage to the lower end of the county but instead of making it a simulcast site with the same frequencies and talkgroups, they went with different frequencies and talkgroups. However, the dispatch talkgroups on the primary tower and Seabreeze carry the same traffic, they just have different ID's depending on the tower. From what I understand, they are going with a new P25, 9600 baud system and that system will have simulcast sites, including one at Seabreeze.

ScanDaBands

Banned
KG4KHQ said:
A couple of years ago, I was listening to them one night when they started having problems with the 800 system. I heard a WPD telecommunicator tell all units to switch to "10-C". After doing some searching and checking the FCC database, I found them on the GE Plant 800 system in Castle Hayne. Further searching also found some New Hanover SO units on a talkgroup on the New Hanover Regional Medical Center 800 system. Since Horry Co and Onslow Co are the 2 closest 800 systems to Wilmington and probably too far away for backup purposes, I guess that's why they set it up to use 2 local 800 systems for backup purposes. I know there is a talkgroup on the GE system for plant security along with some maintenance talkgroups and the NHRMC system is similar. Could these be what you are hearing or, reading another post, are you refering to the Seabreeze site? The Seabreeze site, to me, is kind of screwy. I believe its purpose was to provide coverage to the lower end of the county but instead of making it a simulcast site with the same frequencies and talkgroups, they went with different frequencies and talkgroups. However, the dispatch talkgroups on the primary tower and Seabreeze carry the same traffic, they just have different ID's depending on the tower. From what I understand, they are going with a new P25, 9600 baud system and that system will have simulcast sites, including one at Seabreeze.

Steve YES that is the system I have programmed in and am listening to - The GE plant 800 system.....could be the maintenance is them I'm hearing.....if it is they are using I-calls. I am definitely hearing a EMS system on there with the Dispatcher Id'ing themselves as "Security Base" when they do the check every morning there are about 10-12 different units responding. Oh duh I didn't give specifics and I apologize , here's what I have "found" (BR330T)

TGID's

ID:16 FIRE EMS But who ? (This is the one I hear "Security Base" on)
ID:368 (logged while I was away - didn't "hear")
ID:384 (logged while I was away - didn't "hear")
ID:4176 (logged while I was away - didn't "hear")
ID:29968 (logged while I was away - didn't "hear")
ID:30096 (logged while I was away - didn't "hear")

and these are the I - Calls I've heard the maintenance on:

ID:700017
ID:700065
ID:700079
ID:700134

The Seabreeze Site - Yes I have that too - never hear much of anything on there - have heard EMS once or twice and NHCSD a few times...you would think Seabreeze would be Carolina Beach and Kure,etc.

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
GE System

As well as I can remember, GE Security was on talkgroup 16. I used to live in Wilmington but I only get down there about twice a year now. As far as the EMS traffic, I have no idea. Im due for a trip down sometime this winter, I'll plug it in and see what I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.