Asheville TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
After a long wait, it looks as if the new sites for the Asheville TRS are finally active. The control channel signal level at my house has recently increased many-fold, but it seems as if I am no longer receiving all of the active talkgroups.

Can anyone advise why this would be the case??? I thought the upgraded system was going to be simulcast with all three sites broadcasting all talkgroups.

Any related information would be appreciated.

JK

wcu02mpa

Receiving in east Asheville

I heard the radio techs talking a few nights ago. They were on talk group 2704. They were finishing up some site work and testing the system. I live in Oteen and am picking up the system loud and clear. I have never been able to do that. I have control channels 860.7625 867.7625 currently active (867.7625 might be the VIPER system....but not hearing any activity...I have that in its own scan bank).

I have yet to figure out how the system is fully laid out.....still too new, but when I have a day off, I will do a loop around the area to scan for control channels.

Mike

wcu02mpa

interesting chat

Picked up talk group 5424 tonight....APD CID. They were discussing "bringing out the digital radios". Is the Asheville system set up for digital??? Judging by the way this conversation went, I think they may be.

Mike

Can you hear me now??? With my Pro-96...You better believe I can!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.