Digital and Analog in Johnston county

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH2184

Why are benson and clayton police departments in Johnston County the only two departments that use Provoice Digital for their dispatch? And why does Johnston County Sheriffs Dept use S.O. Main but yet they have S.O. Dispatch which is analog? It is frustrating. I know most everything is digital in the county but is there ever a chance when they will switch back to analog?

bd5660

No chance. I work at Johnston 911, those law enforcement agencies will remain on ProVoice. We telecommunicators can disable ProVoice from the console, but the officers in the field will notice the difference.....they say we tend to sound scratchy. The L.E.O.'S also have several channels exclusive only to them...we can't even monitor them!

JH2184

Johnston County Provoice

Yeah I would be satisfied if I could atleast here the dispatchers on the Clayton and Benson PD Channels. Or they could switch to county PD like most of the other smaller departments in the county. It gets frustrating when I can sometimes here these channels and then it is switched back to Provoice and I cant hear anything. The same goes for EMS dispatch 08-023. Sometimes I can hear the patient information given by the dispatchers when it is on analog and then I cant on provoice. Instead of it being switched back and forth..i wish it could stay on analog. Talkgroup 10-055 which is the S.O. Main channel for johnston county is the same. Sometimes u here it, sometimes you dont. I would love to atleast be able to always here the dispatch for clayton PD, benson PD, Johnston county Sheriffs dept and EMS dispatch..the patient info. If Johnston County Sheriffs Dept would switch back to S.O. dispatch 10-021..their analog channel that they used to use. Then we could hear that atleast. Why is the S.O. clayton and benson PD the only depts that use provoice for their dispatch? when smithfield, selma, four oaks, kenly, micro, pine level, princeton, and wilsons mills PD use analog? I dont understand..everyone should use analog. Looks like it would be more effective to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.