Red Cross ECRV in Gastonia Wendesday 11-14-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am planning on going by and getting a look, didn't know the ARC has added any newer ECRVs to the first group of excursions. I got this from an ARES list I belong to.....

To All Amateurs,

The ECRV (Emergency Communications Response Vehicle) will be at the Gaston County chapter of the American Red Cross, on Wednesday November 14th

American Red Cross,
Gaston County Chapter
190 S. Oakland Street
Gastonia, NC 28052

Some info on the ECRV:

The ECRV, or Emergency Communications Response Vehicle, was designed and created for the American Red Cross to provide communications links between
disaster relief operations and the Public Switched Telephone Network, the Internet and other public and private communications networks. They include an interoperability switch which allows agencies and the Red Cross to communicate with each other while using
their own radio systems.

The vehicles were extensively modified to add an 8.5KW alternator driven by the diesel engine, a 52' pop-up pneumatic mast capable of rotating while holding a large shortwave yagi antenna and which also has a video camera with telephoto lens for disaster assessment purposes, a VSAT two-way satellite antenna system, a one-way DirecTV DBS antenna, and sixteen HF, VHF, UHF, WiFi and microwave antennas feeding its radios and data systems. An ongoing series of upgrades enhance vehicle capabilities, and second-generation ECRVs use a variety of other, similar, vehicles.

Here are a couple of links for more information

http://www.ecrv4703.org

http://ecrv4712.org/ECRV4712

Grog

Banned
Grog said:
This is stationed at the ARC office in Charlotte NC.

Ham equipment includes an Icom 7000 up front, a yaesu 8800 in the back, and uniden 996s fore and aft. It's a neat rig, would come in handy for field day.

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

Grog

Banned
Grog said:
Ham equipment includes an Icom 7000 up front, a yaesu 8800 in the back, and uniden 996s fore and aft. It's a neat rig, would come in handy for field day.

American Red Cross ECRV

Hello Group , I ended up purchasing ECRV 4707 that was stationed at the Houston Chapter of the Red Cross. Does anyone on this site own any of the others ? Would like to get some ideas on what some have done with the vehicles. I am in the process of upgrading 4707 but the going is slow having no help. Anyone on this site have any of the other ECRV's or know others that do ? Regards , Randy N5WV E Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.