blue ridge public safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew6553

Just seeing if any one had the frequencies used by blue ridge public safety and sapphire valley security in Jackson county, They are contractual security forces for the private townships or whatever they are and was wondering what they were using, I know a few guys who worked there but they didnt really know much about the radios

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Drew,
Good to meet you today at WCU...I meant to tell you that I found a FCC listing for Sapphire Valley Public Safety licensed on 464.875 mhz. I plugged it into the 396 last night in the hotel in Dillsboro but only heard some brief traffic on it today in downtown Sylva after we left the conference...may be worth checking out.

This is off-topic but I found some of the course offerings at WCU in Emergency Management to be interesting...I might be looking at getting a 2nd degree (my first one was 30 years ago at ASU). Good luck in your studies.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Booo Mountaineers!

Go Terriers!

To keep the post somewhat relevant, I show a tone of 110.9 PL for 464.875, Sapphire Valley Public Safety. That's from a visit several years ago.

drew6553

brian said:
Booo Mountaineers!

Go Terriers!

To keep the post somewhat relevant, I show a tone of 110.9 PL for 464.875, Sapphire Valley Public Safety. That's from a visit several years ago.

umm brian we're the catamounts here at WCU but i have to agree in the distaste at the black and gold mountain men;)

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Yeah, I was trying to be tactful and not draw attention to the Catamounts position in the SoCon rankings. That was more a stab at KG4KHQ.

ASU can claim a portion of the SoCon championship with an win tomorrow, but I'm excited the Terriers are headed to the playoffs regardless. I just hope we don't have to face ASU in the playoffs.

drew6553

you can take them and hopefully with our move to a new coaching staff next year we will win at least 1 socon game...

Back to scanning KG4 di you notice western pd's less then bearable dispatcher? it sounds like she is swallowing the mike and is yelling at the same time. it's getting to the point that i may lock out western's radio frequency when she works.

ts548

drew6553 said:
Back to scanning KG4 di you notice western pd's less then bearable dispatcher? it sounds like she is swallowing the mike and is yelling at the same time. it's getting to the point that i may lock out western's radio frequency when she works.

Whats her name? I use to work at WCU PD and may know who she is :)

drew6553

i don't know i'll have to ask one of the campus ems guys i mean this dispatcher needs to step 10 feet from the mike if she is going to yell

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
Wcu Pd

Drew, I don't recall hearing her right off...I will say this though, I heard more WCU PD traffic that I did anything else..Jackson Co and Sylva PD were pretty quiet while listening in the hotel. As far as the ASU comments go, listening to Boone PD all those years ago is what go me interested in the hobby. I had a Lafayette Air Band radio with an analog tuner that Boone's strong VHF signal would break over and over-power the receiver...been hooked ever since and eventually got into the field. Back on topic, have you gotten anything on the Sapphire Valley frequency yet?

drew6553

just kinda sporadic stuff. may be due to the fact that my apartment is butted up against huge rock wall in a holler off the back side of campus. the giant rock wall is infact part of the bed for highway 107

Status
Not open for further replies.