Decreased reception in Perquimans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ornocdoc

Premium Subscriber
Afternoon all-

Anybody that monitors the Perquimans county sheriff (460.175) notice a decrease in the reception coming from the dispatcher? Over the past week, both my 996 and PRO95 have barely been receiving dispatch, but I am receiving the cars with no problem. I have not changed anything on the radios, changed location or antennas. Wondering if I need to check something on my end, or is anybody else having this problem?

73's
ornocdoc

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
Does it sound like dispatch is communicating through the repeater, or working the repeater output frequency direct ? ( listen for the hang-time that the repeater transmits when a person is done transmitting )

The county may be having problems with the base transmitter or antenna that has forced them to power-down or use another radio until repair / parts arrive.

What does the signal strength of the base transmissions look like, compared to the mobiles, on the 996 ?

ornocdoc

Premium Subscriber
Jeff-

The signal meter is 3-4 on the mobiles, and I get no bars when dispatch keys up... at times I don't even receive the dispatcher...and when I do, it is mostly static, where the cars are nice and clear.
I can't tell if dispatch is broadcasting via the repeater or not. There is a pause during the tranmissions, so I would guess that they use the repeater also.

Thank you for your response. I went and checked all the connections on my outdoor antenna, and all are tight. I am hoping that they powered down and are awaiting repair parts.

73's
ornocdoc

ornocdoc

Premium Subscriber
KE4ZNR-

I just noticed you updated the Perquimans frequency list. Do you have any idea why dispatch is coming in so weak out in the county now?

ornocdoc

Premium Subscriber
As of yesterday evening, the reception returned to normal. I would guess that they powered down for repairs.

ornocdoc

Status
Not open for further replies.