Traveling to NC - Wake County Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoleyF

Premium Subscriber
Hello all and greetings from PA. I'm flying into RDU on Thursday for Thanksgiving and would like some assistance in programming my Pro-97. I'm pretty new at this but have had some good luck in programming my scanner for the Phiadelphia Suburbs. I use Win 97 and sync up to the RR database through the Win 97 software.

I took a look in the database for Wake County, more specifically the city of Cary and have found some good stuff. The Trunked Radio System is huge! and I'm not sure what to bring in and what to leave out as my scanner won't hold all of the frequencies. I'm also not sure what is digital and what is analog......I need analog only for the Pro-97.

If anyone can recommend what I should program in, that would be great. An already completed P97 file would also be very helpful!

Thanks, and looking forward to visiting your fine state.

Foley

mhoward785

Luckily for you the Cary trunked system is entirely analog. Here is a link to the Cary system:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=285

Almost everything else in Wake County is on the state VIPER system and is digital. Raleigh PD will be moving to digital in a few weeks so you still have time to catch them while you’re in town.

I almost forgot, the NC Highway Patrol is on the VIPER system (in the Raleigh area anyway) and is analog, so you could program them in as well. I’m sure someone can help you out with a few win97 files.

Status
Not open for further replies.