DOT & NCHP low band for my travel area help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD70MAC

I just got a low band HT750 on trade and want to monitor NCHP & DOT I40 Winston Salem to Hickory and I77 Charlotte to Surry county area. I know that NCHP is going or on VIPER system and I think I have there low band channels right ,but DOT channels i'm not so sure about. They are listed by district and I don't have a district listing to go by. I would like to monitor IMAP in Statesville area(I40-I77) and Mooresville area if not on 800. I looked at the RR listings and don't see IMAP in these areas. Thanks for any help you guys may be able to give.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Troop F dispatch is on Low Band, mobiles are on 456.300.

IMAP in Iredell County was on VHF, not sure if it still is.

KD4UXQ

Actually for Troop F mobiles are on Low band also. Base is 42.6 and mobile is 42.66. 456.3 is a remote receiver link and of course you will hear the mobiles on it, but the mobils are not transmitting on 456.3.

Regarding IMAP, they often use the 800 MHz systems in the counties they are in. In Rowan, Cabarrus and Mecklenburg they have been using those counties 800 MHz and they also have low band radios. I imagine they have VHF high band or UHF in some IMAP units where that county uses it.

I can't say what they are using in Surry, Forsyth and Catawba, but I would focus on LOW band NCHP and those county's systems.

I have not heard much IMAP traffic lately on any system and I was suspicious they may be using Cell Phone a lot.

And Viper of course is showing talkgroups for them now.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I posted the link frequency because he will hear more on that than anything else. IMAP in Statesville the last I heard them were on VHF High Band in the 154-157 range. It was a repeater, but I don't remember the frequency.

KD4UXQ

ATF1224 said:
I posted the link frequency because he will hear more on that than anything else. IMAP in Statesville the last I heard them were on VHF High Band in the 154-157 range. It was a repeater, but I don't remember the frequency.

Yep, just was clearing it up for him. The remote receiver link is an excellent way to hear the mobiles. I wish we still had the 72 MHz remote receiver link in Salisbury for the last few years, but it went on microwave. Viper is starting to come alive here in Rowan, Cabarrus and Mecklenburg with NCHP and I can hear mobiles again.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There is an IMAP repeater on Anderson Mt in Catawba County that covers the entire Charlotte area, they still use it as well even when in range of the char/muck 800 system :D It's 159.180 with a CTCSS tone of 107.2. I heva heard them give out info on interstaes 85, 77, and 40. Never paid attention to see how far north they cover on 77, or how east/west they cover on 40. I have some DOT info somewhere of this computer, I'll dig around tomorrow when I am at work and see what I can fine for DOT areas. I know the loband repeaters work pretty good the last time I listened during snow season.

KD4UXQ

Grog said:
There is an IMAP repeater on Anderson Mt in Catawba County that covers the entire Charlotte area, they still use it as well even when in range of the char/muck 800 system :D It's 159.180 with a CTCSS tone of 107.2. I heva heard them give out info on interstaes 85, 77, and 40. Never paid attention to see how far north they cover on 77, or how east/west they cover on 40. I have some DOT info somewhere of this computer, I'll dig around tomorrow when I am at work and see what I can fine for DOT areas. I know the loband repeaters work pretty good the last time I listened during snow season.

Neat info on the 159.18 repeater. Never saw that assignment before and it's not in the database here.

fcfd988

Feed Provider
IMAP in Forsyth County is dispatched by Salisbury HP Communications on the same low band channels as SHP for Forsyth County. Base on Channel 10 42.500 and Mobiles on Channel 9 42.700.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
KD4UXQ said:
Neat info on the 159.18 repeater. Never saw that assignment before and it's not in the database here.

Hmm, I thought I submitted that awhile ago. Must have forgotten to do that :D Good links above, I had the maps on an external hard drive, so I had not been able to post them.

KD4UXQ

Grog said:
Hmm, I thought I submitted that awhile ago. Must have forgotten to do that :D Good links above, I had the maps on an external hard drive, so I had not been able to post them.

I couldn't find it. If it's posted somewhere I sure missed it. Glad you posted it here. I used to hear IMAP often on the local 800 systems, but not much at all these days. Looking up the frequency does return the license information.

Thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.