Harnett County PROVOICE talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-M

Anyone here monitor the Harnett Co EDACS system, http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=768

I have been listening recently and logging with T4WIN
and Universal Trunker. There has been some definite
PROVOICE digital activity on at least Talk Group 310.

Anyone else confirm this? That TG isn't listed on the
RR site. Hmmmm, new TG, and digital.

A friend of mine is a Deputy over there. I'll give
him a call tonight and see if he's noticed any new
radios or groups.

Last edited:

Chris-M

I'm right on the fringe of being able to receive the control channel for site 4, which is the one that I have logged and heard digital comms on TG 310. Add that talkgroup to your receiver and monitor it for awhile. The only way I can hear the other sites is if I drive south into Harnett County. My understanding is that most scanners will ignore digital transmissions when they're in SCAN mode, so you may have to enter the TG and monitor it exclusively for awhile.

There are some other unlisted talkgroups that I have logged on UniTrunker but have not had a chance to monitor them.

kirka127

I will add TG 310 to my scanner. I live in the county but can only pick up site 2 and 5. I am only using a PRO95 with a RS800 duck.I will let you know if I pick up anything on that talk group.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
kirka127 said:
I will add TG 310 to my scanner. I live in the county but can only pick up site 2 and 5. I am only using a PRO95 with a RS800 duck.I will let you know if I pick up anything on that talk group.

I figured out why the system was 'unmonitorable' from my QTH. The closest site is #4 Cokesbury. After monitoring it for a few minutes and running UniTrunker, it became apparent that the LCN listed was incorrect. Even the FCC site has the LCN wrong. I made the changes in my scanner and it works fine.

So far I haven't been monitoring much today but I'm sure I'll hear some ProVOICE.

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
jeffmulter said:
?????
The FCC ULS database does not contain any information regarding the LCN order used by a licensee. The license doesn't indicate the type of trunking used, either.

Look at the column labeled Freq ID.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Uls...Loc=15052633&licKey=2420855&archive=&x=17&y=7

I thought it was numbered based on LCN. After looking at other sites on that system I see that it is not. The RR frequency LCN for site 4 was wrong though. And it matched the numerical order on the ULS database. As Benny Hill said, "do not assume..."

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
The frequency I-D column of information is a part of all ULS licenses - trunked and conventional.

I'm not quite sure of the "usefulness" of that bit of information nowadays. Under the older FCC ULS database structure, a user would mouse-click through a tree-chart of webpages ... the original callsign information would branch out to the individual sites, which would branch out into the individual frequencies for each site, etc.

Each site was numbered, and each frequency licensed for each site was numbered ... but the number of frequency "X" on site 1 might not be the number of the same frequency on site 2.

It sure would be nice if the licenses included trunked system type, LCN order, designated control frequencies for Motorola systems ... and PL / DPL information for conventional channels.

( I miss the old ULS database ! )

Status
Not open for further replies.