Got a small question from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dta2us

Hey guys, its been a really long time since I have done anything with my scanner. I have a pro-90 that was given to me by my grandmother. I found this awesome site not too long ago, but I am having a small problem understanding some of the stuff. Like, I was looking at the Camp Lejeune System and I got the primary numbers input and I can get stuff from that. But I start to look at the other stuff on the page, such as the Camp Johnson schools or better known as MCCSSS, and I am trying to figure out, what the DEC is for. Do I input that in my scanner? Or do I have to input another number in front of that? Or what? Im somewhat confused by that. Can anyone help me with that? I would be most gracious. Thanks

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
First off wlecome to the site, secondly you are gong to need a trunking scanner to monitor that system. If you have any questions plese ask.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
eastcare said:
First off wlecome to the site, secondly you are gong to need a trunking scanner to monitor that system. If you have any questions plese ask.

eastcare is correct , dta you also will need something Digital capable.........

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
ScanDaBands said:
eastcare is correct , dta you also will need something Digital capable.........

If you are monitoring Onslow County area, a digital scanner is not ESSENTIAL but it helps.

Onslow County VHF is Analog, They have one P25 frequency which you will need a P25/Digital capability for.

Onslow TRS is Digital/Analog but for 90% of the action, the Analog covers you as that is what JPD, JFD, and Events are using but for TAC and Hospital Reports, you will need digital.

Camp Lejeune is all Analog UHF and no current reports on them moving to P25 at this time.

If you have any questions beyond onslow, please let me know as I have been here for about 8 years now (Minus deployments)!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.