Charlotte Alpha Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I need some help!

I have an alph pager that was programmed with the cap codes for Charlotte Fire. I had the initial alarm and 2nd Alarm cap codes.

The pager was going off all the time, but now it is silent. I do not get any pages anymore I have downloaded the cap codes into another alpha pager with the same frequency. Well the new pager is not picking up anything either.

My question is have they changed frequencies and cap codes or have they switched to the county paging system?

I know that the county system uses a dedicated UHF paging system for county fire and Medic and first responders.

The next thing is if they have switched to the county system, can some one please advise what the cap codes are? I know the old Charlotte Fire alpha system was 900 Mhz Flex. The county system is UHF 512 Pocsag.

Can anybody advise me of a device that will decode alpha pages. I am wanting to find out some group call cap codes. I do not care about individual or personal cap codes all I want is Ems, Fire & Rescue group cap codes only.

Any help with the following would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

David

Alarm

CFD Pagers

David,
CFD had pagers and cellphones issued to chiefs and other admin people. These have been combined by using Nextels for cell/dc/and text as a pager. No more pager cap codes....

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
CFD Still has the cap codes!

I decided to power up a old pager with the 1st and 2nd alarm as well as CMC cap codes and they work great.

I quess I got a bad pager or something.

Thanks for the replies.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.